cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1343 QSB Locked Up

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 16:01:11 MST 2012
I need a little help resetting my LPC1343 QSB. I was loading some code to control a ShiftBar. When I went to load the third version of the code onto the QSB lpcxpressor gave me a wire error and my computer opened up a window saying CRP-Disabed. I found that this is another way to load the code onto the board. I tried to reset the debugger by placing PIO0_1 to a low and preforming a reset, but still nothing. So I gave up on using the debugger and tried generating a .bin file. I then loaded to file onto the board did a reset and still the QSB did not take the file. Any help would be appreciated in resetting the board back to a usable state. I know that this code work since I have used it on a larger LPC1343 and was trying to place the code onto a smaller footprint micro-controller.

The pins I was using was 0_1, 1_5, 1_6, 1_7. According to the documentation it says that I can use 0_1 so I did.
0 Kudos
16 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 21:03:25 MST 2012
I wish there was. We have radio shack, but they don't sell anything of this nature. Mainly they are a cell phone, RC car, and TV/computer generic parts store. Nothing like the rest of the US. I think I'm just going to order one on line.

I'll let you know when I try this method.
Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 20:46:18 MST 2012
Are there no USB<->RS232 Adapter selling shops in Alaska?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 20:37:39 MST 2012
Unfortunately I have no other way of connecting the QSB to the computer to try and use flashmagic.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 19:57:26 MST 2012

Quote: ralieghnet
Not exactly, I read in one of the searches that the cable depending on how the pins are placed would affect how the USB mode reacts.

What :confused: If you switch your target to ISP yourself you just need RxD, TxD and GND :)

... turn my mbed into an ftdi cable...

You're kidding?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 19:49:49 MST 2012
Not exactly, I read in one of the searches that the cable depending on how the pins are placed would affect how the USB mode reacts. I guess I could turn my mbed into an ftdi cable, but then what pins on the QSB would I connect the mbed to.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 19:45:20 MST 2012

I was trying the USB->UART method.

:confused:

So that's an USB to TTL converter like FTDI?

And it's generating no virtual COM in your device manager?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 19:40:34 MST 2012
I was trying the USB->UART method.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 19:36:21 MST 2012

...this should of placed the device into UART-ISP

Yes, it should :rolleyes:

When I try to find  what com port my windows machine is using it is not showing up in the  device manager. Any suggestions.

So what did you connect to LPC1343 UART ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 19:30:26 MST 2012
I finally managed to create the hex file for flashmagic.

I placed pins
PIO0_1 -> 0
PIO0_3 -> 0

and this should of placed the device into UART-ISP. When I try to find what com port my windows machine is using it is not showing up in the device manager. Any suggestions.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 18:23:47 MST 2012

Yes my system is showing CRP DISABLD

Anyway, erasing can't be wrong :rolleyes:

Did you try to connect RS232 or USB to UART and use FlashMagic already?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 18:16:24 MST 2012
Yes my system is showing CRP DISABLD
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 18:06:40 MST 2012
So we know now that switching to ISP is working :)

If writing doesn't work your CRP seems to be enabled :eek:

As mentioned in UM:

Quote:

Three Code Read Protection (CRP) levels can be enabled for flash images updated through USB (see Section 19.12 for details). The volume label on the MSCD indicates the CRP status.

Is your CRP still disabled?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 17:49:29 MST 2012
I have tried that. When the CRP window opens I deleted the firmware.bin file and replaced it with a clean/fresh build of a stock blinking led firmware.bin. I went through the steps in the user manual from embedartist.com for the QSB. And still I get no response to what I should get. Which is a blinking led light. Though I have not tried using the UART method though I'm not completely sure how to do this one.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 17:18:35 MST 2012
If your debugger isn't working, you have to use ISP to get access to your mcu again :eek:

So with LPC1343 you have 2 ISP options: UART or USB. AFAIK QSB has an USB and if your PIO0_3 is high it starts USB and tries to enumerate MSC :)

Did you try that already?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ralieghnet on Mon Apr 02 17:08:15 MST 2012
I have tried tried grounding pin PO0_1 and pressing the reset button and removing the ground wire, still noting. I did it both ways with the vector catch.

I still get the same result of the small thumb drive window opening, the lpcxpresso hangs at 57%, and the usb connect light on the on QSB remains illuminated.

I had no intentions of using the ISP mode, simply because I like the debugger  and how I set break points to see where my code might be causing the lights to flicker.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Apr 02 16:13:37 MST 2012

According to the documentation it says that I can use 0_1 so I did.

That's a bad idea, this is the ISP pin :eek:

So did you already switch to ISP with enabled vector catch as described in

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip :confused:
0 Kudos