cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 4 vs 5

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TiagoSilva on Mon Mar 25 08:39:56 MST 2013
Hi all,

I've just registered at the forum. So, its a pleasure to be with you all.
I'm a software developer with some hobby experience with micro controllers.

[B]I'm starting this thread to ask you about the major differences between version 4 and 5 of the IDE.[/B]

I've used the version 4 before with success (code breaks where working fine, etc...) and one day, I went to the Code Red web site to download the IDE again and I was confronted with a more recent version... I've installed it and it didn't worked... I'm sure it was some configuration problem (or not), but hadn't got the time to solve it.

[B]What can you tell about both versions so far?[/B]

Thank you all in advance.
Best regards,
Tiago Silva.
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TiagoSilva on Mon Mar 25 09:33:39 MST 2013

Quote: Zero
Try: http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/MigratingToNewVersion

and http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/NewInVersion5

Thank you!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TiagoSilva on Mon Mar 25 09:32:16 MST 2013

Quote: kayoda
No :) A few buttons changed their position and we receive more warnings, that's all. Did you try to import a sample?

Sorry I didn't see your reply... Later on I will try again and analyse better about what went wrong last time.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Mar 25 09:30:11 MST 2013
Try: http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/MigratingToNewVersion

and http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/NewInVersion5
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TiagoSilva on Mon Mar 25 09:23:31 MST 2013

Quote: TheFallGuy
From my experience, v5 works in exactly the same way as v4 - it works out of the box.

Suggest you reinstall and try it all again. And if you have a problem, make a note of it and post it here - maybe your recall is not what it was...

True, thank you. To tell the truth, I was not ready for that question (I was thinking about solving it myself), my true goal with this post was to get your feedback about both versions.

What differs on both?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Mon Mar 25 09:12:57 MST 2013
From my experience, v5 works in exactly the same way as v4 - it works out of the box.

Suggest you reinstall and try it all again. And if you have a problem, make a note of it and post it here - maybe your recall is not what it was...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ex-kayoda on Mon Mar 25 09:12:24 MST 2013

Quote: TiagoSilva
Does this version requires some extra configurations ? I'm used to installing apps and use them rather than having to reconfigure them :D

No :) A few buttons changed their position and we receive more warnings, that's all. Did you try to import a sample?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TiagoSilva on Mon Mar 25 08:59:42 MST 2013

Quote: kayoda
Any hint for us what didn't work :confused:

Well, from what I recall I tried to compile and debug a template project (just the main and a while loop inside) and the IDE wasn't configured with any compiling tool chain, etc... The version 4 didn't had these issues... When I clicked the debug (on version 4), the IDE sent the data to the JTAG board and a breakpoint was activated right away...

Does this version requires some extra configurations ? I'm used to installing apps and use them rather than having to reconfigure them :D
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ex-kayoda on Mon Mar 25 08:44:17 MST 2013

Quote: TiagoSilva
...it didn't worked...

Any hint for us what didn't work :confused:
0 Kudos