Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OV3660/OV2659 camera with lpc1769

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nikita on Wed Oct 23 23:56:50 MST 2013
Hi,
   I need a help to interface OV3660/OV2659 camera with lpc1769 board.
   Is there any source code available ?

Any suggestions and hints ?

Waiting for reply.

Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vasanth on Fri Oct 25 06:35:44 MST 2013
@nikita,

The given link is a project that interfaces an mbed with OV7670, a low resolution camera sensor similar to the one mentioned. I believe it might provide you an understanding of the low level details of such camera sensors.

http://mbed.org/users/edodm85/notebook/ov7670-camera-module/

Good luck.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fastmapper on Thu Oct 24 22:36:56 MST 2013

It's hard to provide help without more details about what is needed.

Do you have an image sensor, a camera module without a PC board, or a camera module with a PC board?  Which LPC1769 board do you have?  How do you plan to interface the two together?

You will probably want to hook an I2C bus up to the camera to provide camera control.  This can be driven by standard I2C software on the LPC1769.

Those two image sensors provide imagery through a high speed parallel digital video port.  Assuming that you're capturing imagery via LPC1769 GPIO pins, you'll need at least 11: VSYNC, HREF, PCLK, and 8 data lines from the camera.  You'll either need an oscillator or a clock to drive the camera timing on the XVCLK pin.

Once the hardware is all figured out, you'll need to get a datasheet from Omnivision that will provide documentation on all of the camera configuration registers.  Obtaining this datasheet will require you to enter into a non-disclosure agreement with Omnivision.  After you get the datasheet, it is a non-trivial process to properly setup all of the registers so that images of the type you want start flowing.  You'll need to write some code to capture images on the GPIO pins.  The faster you want to go, the harder it will be.

Those image sensors are capable of providing much more data than the LPC1769 can possibly process (over 50 million 10-bit pixels per second).  The LPC1769 does not have sufficient on-chip RAM for a single frame and it may be a challenge just to store imagery in flash memory.

This endeavor will require skills in hardware interface design, imaging, and low-level software development.
0 Kudos