cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Faster/simpler upgrading of LPCXpresso

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldManVimes on Mon Jul 21 05:16:11 MST 2014
Hi support,

I had a look in the forums and FAQ but could not immediately find a post about a similar subject.

I try to keep up to date with LPCXpresso releases, and appreciate the release frequency. The recent advances in the toolkit have been worth the effort to upgrade.

Every install creates a new isolated copy of the tool-set. This can make perfect sense, so it is wise to keep this option. However, every time I update, I need to re-install and copy my workspace and setup my additional plug-ins (for configuration management and DoxyGen). Also, I need to export and import my Eclipse settings (or redo them from scratch). This takes about 30 minutes, so basically I have little reason to complain.

Having said that though, it would be very nice if the upgrade would take less time. I think that translates to a more automated upgrade. Is this a subject you are considering for future versions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 22 01:26:59 MST 2014
This is something we are looking at, but are currently unable to make any commitment to when we might be able to make this available.

If you are interested. the issue is that each update delivers more than just 'eclipse' updates. Each update typically includes:
- some eclipse/plugin updates
- updates to compilers and libraries
- updates to wizards and examples
- updates to debug drivers and firmware
This is complicated by delivering across 3 platforms, meaning that a single update/patch is not possible.
0 Kudos