cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start debugger

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by martinho on Wed Mar 30 23:13:45 MST 2011
Hi,

I have a strange problem with the debugger (I am using LPCXpresso 3.6.2 for windows on a Vista 32 machine). When I try to start debugging a project for my LPC1752 I get the following Output:

[SIZE=2]LPCXpresso Debug Driver v2.0 (Jan 18 2011 08:08:34)
Looked for chip XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/LPC1752.xml
Looked for vendor directory XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/nxp_directory.xml
Found generic directory XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/crt_directory.xml
Emu(0): Conn&Reset. DpID: 2BA01477. Info: T1S6RGRIA
SWD Frequency: 3000 KHz. RTCK: False. Vector catch: False.
Packet delay: 0  Poll delay: 0.
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]03: Failed on chip setup: Em(12). System rejected access at location 0x0300FFFD - verify Population of memory and peripherals[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black]I'm quite sure that I'm not using  0x0300FFFD.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Thank's for any Help[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Martin[/COLOR]
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by martinho on Fri Apr 01 08:44:57 MST 2011
If got it running. I'm not sure but probably the JTAG was disturbed by a bad Program in the Flash. To recover i had to hold low the ISP pin (P2.10) while powering up my board.

Thanks for your help.

BMartin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Mar 31 05:21:31 MST 2011
Is this your own board design, or one from a third party?
Have you ever been able to successfully connect to it?

Check your debug connections...
  http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/CM3_SWD

Try booting the board into the ISP, then connecting...
  http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip

Check you are not permanently holding p2.10 low.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by martinho on Thu Mar 31 02:56:06 MST 2011
Thanks for Your help,

TheFallGuy: Yes I did see the other post's (at least most of them) but non of there solutions seems working for me.

larryvc: My board is powered by a 3.3V regulator (voltage is OK) and i'm debugging with the LPC-Link (without CPU Board attached). The same HW was working in past.

I do not understand why the Debugger tries to write at 0x0300FFFD (where he clearly don't find memory or peripherals). I have tried to program the board with the untouched FreeRTOS example from NXP with the same error. Unfortunately i do not have other Boards at then moment, but  i will try it on a other board as soon as possible.

thanks

Martin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Mar 31 00:05:03 MST 2011
Searching this site finds a number of people who have had and solved this problem:

Google:
site:knowledgebase.nxp.com EM(12) System rejected access

Its always a good idea to see if other people have had similar problems before posting a new thread ;-)[SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Wed Mar 30 23:32:46 MST 2011
How are you powering your board and how are you connecting for debugging?
0 Kudos