lpcware

Newbie question: can someone explain me where I can find these functions of systick?

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jantje7600 on Sun Dec 28 10:14:39 MST 2014
I am a beginner and from what I have understand from the reading posts here on the forum I have to download LPCXpresso and LPCOpen and just learn from examples. I've downloaded both and in the LPCOpen systick example the following code is given:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//systick.c in the src folder
#include "board.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#define TICKRATE_HZ1 (10)/* 10 ticks per second */

void SysTick_Handler(void)
{
Board_LED_Toggle(0);
}

int main(void)
{
/* Generic Initialization */
SystemCoreClockUpdate();
Board_Init();

/* Enable and setup SysTick Timer at a periodic rate */
SysTick_Config(SystemCoreClock / TICKRATE_HZ1);

/* LEDs toggle in interrupt handlers */
while (1) {
__WFI();
}

return 0;
}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//systick.h in the src folder

#include "board.h"

/* Set up and initialize hardware prior to call to main */
void SystemInit(void)
{
unsigned int *pSCB_VTOR = (unsigned int *) 0xE000ED08;

#if defined(__IAR_SYSTEMS_ICC__)
extern void *__vector_table;

*pSCB_VTOR = (unsigned int) &__vector_table;
#elif defined(__CODE_RED)
extern void *g_pfnVectors;

*pSCB_VTOR = (unsigned int) &g_pfnVectors;
#elif defined(__ARMCC_VERSION)
extern void *__Vectors;

*pSCB_VTOR = (unsigned int) &__Vectors;
#endif

#if defined(__FPU_PRESENT) && __FPU_PRESENT == 1
fpuInit();
#endif

#if defined(NO_BOARD_LIB)
/* Chip specific SystemInit */
Chip_SystemInit();
#else
/* Setup system clocking and muxing */
Board_SystemInit();
#endif
}

1. "Systeminit" function is defined in systick.h, what do all of those lines EXACTLY mean in words?
2. Where can I find the code of the function "void Board_SystemInit(void)" ? And what does it EXACTLY do in words?
3. Again, where can I find the code of the function "Board_LED_Toggle(0)"

VTOR is a system control block

Pretty much all of the time I ask a question someone will refer me to another site or say have you read lpcopen or something similar. I have searched hours and hours to find someting good to start with but I can't find it (user manual is not that useful for beginners and learning from examples without useful comments is also not good for beginners). Maybe if you now a really clear written book you can recommend me?

That is why I would like an explanation please.

Outcomes