Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso on OpenSUSE 11.4

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by volter on Thu Mar 24 00:20:25 MST 2011
I know that OpenSUSE not officially supported, when I tried to install it on 11.3 version everything worked just fine  but on a new 11.4 version the program crashes when it loading Workbench.

May be you can help and tell me how to solve this.
I tried to install different versions of this program (3.8.1.117 ,3.8.2.129 ,3.7.4.97_Beta ) and everyone have the same  problem.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Mon Aug 29 14:37:58 MST 2011
Hi everybody!!!

I'm using OpenSuse few days ago, I installed the latest version of LPCXpresso and everything worked properly.

That's all folks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by eldragon on Sat May 07 06:56:58 MST 2011
if you cannot downgrade due to dependency issues (happens under archlinux), the solution for me was to add the following line to lpcxpresso.ini:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath==/usr/lib/xulrunner-2.0/
reference:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=115543

of course, you have to give the actual path to xulrunner-2.0 for your distribution.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ecw on Thu Mar 24 14:06:01 MST 2011
Yes I guess code red should be made aware of the problem, assuming it worked for you, and the work around.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Thu Mar 24 08:11:43 MST 2011
Hello,

I just downloaded. CodeRed should review the case, since surely the new version also will be included in Ubuntu. OpenSuse is the third distribution used, and CodeRed should give attention.

And more importantly: I'm going to use. lol
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ecw on Thu Mar 24 03:41:14 MST 2011
I had the same problem.  A newer version of libxul caused it.  Using yast2, remove the version of mozilla-xulrunner that's comes with 11.4 (2.something), and replace with the previous version - 1.9.2.

This fixed it for me.

Ed.
0 Kudos