cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link2 doesn't recognized by LPCXpresso

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Thu Apr 03 06:33:27 MST 2014
I am trying to use LPC-Link2 instead LPC-Link as my standard hw debugger with LpcXpresso IDE but the IDE doesn't see it.
I tryed with ver. 7.0.2 and 7.1.1.
The IDE finds only the old LPC-Link.
I tryed also to flash the CMSIS-DAP so that LPC-Link2 boots by SPIFI but nothing changes... the IDE doesn't find it.
I have 3 LPC-Linkv2 and the IDE doesn't find any of them.
I am using LpcXpresso rel. 7.1.1 on a PC running Windows 7.
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Sat Apr 05 08:50:32 MST 2014
Problem solved, I hope solved forever.
Seems that the LPC-Link2 wasn't known to USB 2.0 ports but known for USB 3.0 also if not totally working.
After an USB fixing and reinstalling the USB 3.0 now it works.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Apr 04 10:04:54 MST 2014
As there is no DFU capable device, this means there is a problem with your Windows configuration and/or your USB ports.

Next steps:
- make sure you try connecting to different USB ports - try them all until you find one that works
- If you can see it in Windows Device Manager, you can try deleting and re-installing the driver.

Otherwise, it is a problem with your Windows install and you will need to fix that or use a different computer.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Fri Apr 04 08:54:07 MST 2014
File .log is attached as .log.txt because .log is not an accepted extension.
Output of dfu command is on dfu.txt

As you can see the result is that there is no DFU capable device connected.

If can help in the rear of the board there are some numbers: WO-0447-1245 (1245 written in 7 segment font)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Apr 04 02:07:00 MST 2014
[list]
  [*]post the file [your_workspace]/.metadata/.log 
  [*]make sure ONLY LPC-Link2 is connected, and it has no jumpers installed
  [*]run the listusb script as I described above and please post ALL of the output
  [*]in the bin directory, run the following command and post the output
dfu-util.exe -d 1fc9:000c -c 1 -t 2048 -R -D LPC432x_Redlink_V4_26.bin.hdr
[note - if you are using 7.0.2, use LPC432x_Redlink_V4_23.bin.hdr instead]

[/list]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Thu Apr 03 15:11:47 MST 2014
The problem I have is that when I try to debug my application LpcXpresso isn't able to find LPC-Link2. It opens a dialong saying that no emulator is found so I try to find it pressing a button on the dialog but it doesn't find.

I already tryed to use red boot and also red chain buttons but nothing changes.

Of course if I connect a LPC-Link it finds it and I am able to debug my project.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Apr 03 08:00:00 MST 2014
So please explain the problem. What errors are you getting?

Also, try pressing the Red 'boot' icon in the toolbar - this should boot the device to be Redlink.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Thu Apr 03 07:26:38 MST 2014
Windows 7 sees it, the row is exactly the same you posted.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Apr 03 06:41:10 MST 2014
For LPC-Lin2 to be recognised by LPCXpresso, you must ensure the JP1 (boot) jumper is removed to enable boot via USB DFU.

If you have done that, insert LPC-Link2 and then open a command prompt and run the following
cd \nxp\LPCXpresso_7.1.1_125\lpcxpresso\bin\Scripts
listusb.cmd

and post the output. You should see some output that contains:
VID: 1FC9 PID: 000C (LPC based USB device)

If not, then Windows is not recognising your device.
0 Kudos