Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 53: Program Flash License Error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ACSDan on Tue Jan 14 08:34:11 MST 2014
Hey,

I have been using Xpresso for several months not so much for development but just to flash our boards which have the 1114/301 chip on. I have never had any issues up until now. Every time I attempt to flash the boards I get an "error 53 License does not allow for command line flashing" the progress log it says that I have an unregistered free license which is limited to 8k file size. I have reinstalled the xpresso software obtained a new license file and re activated and I still get this error. Also within the log it says that ipconfig and something else is either unaccessible or doesnt exist.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite new to this so please be gentle  ;-)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ACSDan on Tue Jan 14 10:41:47 MST 2014
Great thanks for confirming that. Really not sure how that could have happened. The files were in the system root where they should be but the path had corrupted I think. I added c:\windows\system32; to the path and now it works.

Thanks all for the help. Would love to know what caused this. Windows update ? gpu update possibly ? anyways its sorted now thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jan 14 10:26:00 MST 2014
Your problem is that two *required* applications that are part of a normal Windows installation are missing/not found. Namely ipconfig.exe and cscript.exe.

You will need to make sure these are installed and their directories installed on PATH before you can use LPCXpresso.

Note: as mentioned above these file are present in a normal Windows installation (XP thru Win 8.1). You, or your sysadmin, must have removed them
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ACSDan on Tue Jan 14 10:19:40 MST 2014
Thanks ^^. The link seemed to be adjusting something in windows rather than the lpcxpresso software is this correct.
unsure if my description of the error was complete enough so this is what it says

Pc: ( 65) Chip Setup Complete
'ipconfig.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'cscript.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Nt: Connected: was_reset=true. was_stopped=false
Cr:f PCXpresso Free License - Download limit is 8K (UNREGISTERED)
Pc: ( 70) License Check Complete
Et:53: License does not permit flash operations from command line
Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed

Thanks again
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Tue Jan 14 09:41:06 MST 2014
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+path+environment+variable ;-)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ACSDan on Tue Jan 14 09:32:00 MST 2014
Ok thanks, where would I look to adjust the path environment variables. If i right click on the project and go to properties then where ?

Thanks for the help
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jan 14 08:56:05 MST 2014
ipconfig is a standard Windows utility, and it is assumed to be there by part of the license check. It should exist in one of the directories listed in your path environment variable. Thus I suggest that you check that path is not corrupted.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos