Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpected reset, and vector catch

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sravet on Sun Jan 06 19:42:01 MST 2013
I am using LPC-Link with a custom LPC1768 based board.  I am getting an unexpected reset that I am 99% sure is caused by BOD.  This board has a lot of high power LEDs and my power supply is not up to lighting them all.  The more that come on the lower the supply voltage goes.  I hoped to verify my hypothesis by catching the BOD reset but I can't seem to do it.  I can tell that there is a reset though by watching the LED patterns and seeing that they start over.

I enabled vector catch as in the launch profile but the debugger doesn't halt at the point of the reset.  I also tried regular breakpoints near the entry point of main but they also aren't hit.  Further, debugging gets flaky after the first BOD reset.  I can no longer set breakpoints -- "Breakpoint attribute error: installation failed".  So like I said, I'm pretty sure I've got the problem sorted out but I'd still like to be able to debug around reset and other exceptions.  Is there something further that I need to do?

thanks,
--steve
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by madid87 on Mon Jan 07 00:44:38 MST 2013
Hi.

There is a register called RSID you can read after reset which indicates what kind of reset happened :)

Enjoy.
0 Kudos