Debug Error in LPC1769 Standard development kit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Error in LPC1769 Standard development kit.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Tue Aug 16 06:08:03 MST 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

We are using LPC1769 Standard development kit for learning. We installed same software into 3 computers with separate serial no. and activation no. In first & second computer we are able to debug (Download) code into controller , but in third computer i cont even though if we use same Standard development kit and USB Adapter in Third computer .

So may i know what may be the reason for this???
& what is the solution to make third computer as working condition.

Thanks & Regards

Hareesha.
0 Kudos
12 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Thu Aug 18 23:55:00 MST 2011
Heyyy

Problem solved, now my board is working properly, I don’t know exactly for what reason it is working, I changed only OS from XP to SP3 that’s it, but during that time I didn’t check more time. After so many trial and error methods it is working correctly.

I am expecting LPC Board drivers and PC drivers are not synchronized properly. So after so many tries it is ok..

And one more help form everyone!!!

I am new to this embedded coding with LPC 1769, So I need some help while writing code, For that I ll start one more thread.

Thanks to all those suggest me to solve my problem.

[I]Hareesha[/I]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Aug 17 09:05:06 MST 2011
Most likely remaining reason for this is probably a script engine problem with your PC. Check out the following post and see if this helps to get your going....

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showpost.php?p=7806&postcount=7

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Wed Aug 17 05:28:52 MST 2011
1) My PC is desktop,

2) Identical means what???
Anyway all 3 PC Configurations are changes but operating system is SP3 only,,

3) I am running the OS directly and separately in my PC only,,,

4) So many times i Unplug and then reconnect the LPCXpresso board

But but i didn't see "USB Device with DFU Capabilities" in Device manager even single time also,,,,

5) I tried many times the same with ALL USB ports on the machine but DFU device didn't appear with any of the ports,

But If I connect USB mouse to all USB ports, This mouse is detecting and working properly,,,,,

6) Voltage from USB ports of all 3 PC is around 5.12 volts.(correct voltage is 4.75 v to 5.25 v).

Thanks & Regards
[I]Hareesha,[/I]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Aug 17 03:18:51 MST 2011
Is the PC where you are having problems a desktop or a laptop?

Is it "identical" to the machines where you do not have problems connecting to the LPC-Link?

Are you running the OS natively or under a virtual machine?

Unplug and then reconnect the LPCXpresso board.
- Can you now see the "USB Device with DFU Capabilities" in Device manager?

If you do not, then please try the same with ALL USB ports on the machine. Do you see the DFU device appear with any of the ports?

If you program a led flashing example into the LPCXpresso board using one of your other PCs, do you see the led flashing when you connect the LPCXpresso board to the problem PC?

Please also run through the diagnostics script below and post the results....
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPCLinkDiagnostics

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Wed Aug 17 03:05:01 MST 2011
Yes now i uploaded sp3 and tested but facing same problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Wed Aug 17 02:46:10 MST 2011
Update your XP to SP3 :eek::)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Wed Aug 17 02:23:19 MST 2011
Yes i tried with different
1) USB Cables,
2)LPC1769 Development boards,
3)USB Ports,

But i am getting same error as like before.

So i am expecting problem/Changes in system configurations, Now i am attaching zip that contains computer configurations for 2 working computer & 1 not working computer, So please go through those configurations and clarify for me.

Thanks & Regards
[I]Hareesha,[/I]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OXO on Wed Aug 17 01:14:58 MST 2011
And try a different USB cable..
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fmackenthun on Tue Aug 16 23:16:09 MST 2011
If the debugger stops at 57% the LPCLink istn't working properly.
If you installed everything in the same way you did on the other computers, your usb-port probably doesn't deliver enough power.
I once had the same problem on a notebook. Try to use a cable that can be connected to two usb-ports in order to make sure the LPC board is powerd properly.
Or try a different usb port first.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Hareesha on Tue Aug 16 22:06:02 MST 2011
I am getting error as
" No emulator or board available.
This could be because it is unpowered, unconnected or already in use"

Already i uninstaled and instaled again but same thing is happening as like first time instalation.
We prpperly instaled device drivers also.
Nothig is showing in universal serial bus controllers related to LPC USB Adapter connection.

AND in bottom side it is showing as debug 57% like that,
For detailed information I attached print screen of error what I am getting.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Tue Aug 16 06:41:04 MST 2011
Uninstall and reinstall the software.
Did you also install the device drivers?
It is possible to skip installation of the device drivers. In that case you will not be able to download or debug.

When you plug the lpc1769 board into a USB port, you should see this device appearing as a "USB Device with DFU Capabilities" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section in the device manager.
If this does not happen, there is something wrong with the installation of the drivers or your USB port.

If you need more help, follow OXO's suggestion.

Rob
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OXO on Tue Aug 16 06:20:53 MST 2011
You will get more help if you describe what errors are displayed..
0 Kudos