cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug through LPC812

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Mon Jul 13 02:08:41 MST 2015
Hello,

I have been imported an example project in LPCXPresso with the processor LPC3250. I have connected the LPC-Link to our own board which is having JTag connections like TDI,TMS and TRST are pulled up with 10k, And TCK and RTCK are pulled down with 10k.

When i tried to debug the project i got the below errors,

LPCXpresso Debug Driver v7.8 (May 28 2015 02:56:45 - crt_emu_a9_nxp build 181)
ARM9 AP/DP is unresponsive. Please cycle target power (off/on).
Failed on connect: Ee(15). Attempt to reset while in reset.
Connected. Was: None. CpuID: 00000000. Info: HID64HS12
Error 0: (null)
Last sticky: 16. AIndex: 0
MemAp selected: 0
No Speed test
Debug protocol: JTAG Frequency 1000 KHz. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled.
(100) Target Connection Failed

and also i am getting the popup messages like :

Error in final launch sequence
  Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_a9_nxp -msg-port=54600 -g -mi -2 -pLPC3250 -vendor=NXP -vc -reserve-wp -reserve=0x8004100 -e0 -wire=hidjtag -scan C:\\nxp\\LPCXpresso_7.8.0_426\\lpcxpresso\\Examples\\NXP\\LPC3000\\LPC32xx\\lpc3250_vfp_ops\\Debug\\lpc3250_vfp_ops_Debug.jtag
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: No error.
Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: No error.

can you please let me know how to resolve this problem.

0 Kudos
17 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Wed Jul 15 04:40:29 MST 2015
ok. in the file  cr_startup_lpc32.s after the below instruction the control is not going to next instruction. Can you please let me know the reason

// enter main() - could be ARM or Thumb
        BX    r10

The instruction BX r10 in the startup code is causing the undefined exception. If we insert a breakpoint in vector file at the instruction shown below the execution stops as indicated in the attached screenshot.
__undf: B

Should we update something in Project/Debug Options or the memory map?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 15 00:45:42 MST 2015
That will certainly stop you debugging - without the __crt_debug_reserved block being provided in your code, I wouldn't expect the debug tools to even get as far as connecting to you board (and you should get an error telling you so).

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Tue Jul 14 22:02:58 MST 2015
Hi,

I am giving some more information here, if u get any idea please let me know. Actually i am able to run but when the control goes to main it is showing error. the error is attached in the attachment.

And also i have removed comment for the below code. Is it cause any problem?

.section .bss.crt_debug
.align 8// 2^8 (256) byte alignment
.global __crt_debug_reserved
__crt_debug_reserved:
.space 148,0
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Tue Jul 14 22:01:00 MST 2015
Hi,

I am giving some more information here, if u get any idea please let me know. Actually i am able to run but when the control goes to main it is showing error. the error is attached in the attachment.

And also i have removed comment for the below code. Is it cause any problem?

.section .bss.crt_debug
.align 8// 2^8 (256) byte alignment
.global __crt_debug_reserved
__crt_debug_reserved:
.space 148,0
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 14 06:23:22 MST 2015
That same example works perfectly for me here.

My best guess from the information in your screenshot and comparing this to the image I have built here is that something is triggering an undefined instruction inside the startup code. But I can't see any reason what this might happen. And it certainly doesn't happen for me.

But what you could do is try changing the default breakpoint on main to "_boot", which is at the start of the reset handler, then step through this code and see if you can work out what is triggering the fault...

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/changing-initial-breakpoint

Beyond that - sorry I'm out of ideas.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Tue Jul 14 05:37:26 MST 2015
I tried by deleting .jtag files in debug folder but i got the same problem and also i have selected ARM926 only.

I have attached the screen shot to inform what happened when i press "suspend" button in the IDE.

The debug log is:

LPCXpresso Debug Driver v7.8 (May 28 2015 02:56:45 - crt_emu_a9_nxp build 181)
Emu(0): Conn&Reset. CpuID: 17926F0F. Info: HID64HS12
Debug protocol: JTAG Frequency 1000 KHz. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled.
NXP: LPC3250  Part ID: 0x00000000
ARM926EJ-S Rev. 1.4  DCache: 32K  ICache: 32K
Connected: was_reset=true. was_stopped=true
LPCXpresso Free License - Download limit is 256K
Stopped: Halt 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 14 05:16:26 MST 2015
All I can say is that we see no issues debugging LPC3250 here using LPCXpresso 7.8.0 via an LPC-Link to an off-the-shelf Embedded Artists LPC3250 Developers Kit.

After terminating your debug session, please try deleting the .jtag file inside the Debug folder of your project - then start the debug session again. Make sure you select the ARM926 device in the JTAG selection dialog that should be displayed. Does this now work?

Assuming you see the  "No source available..." message again, what actually happens if you press the "Suspend" button in the IDE ?

Finally, what is in your debug log after you start your debug connection?

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-log

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Tue Jul 14 04:46:51 MST 2015
Hello R2D2,

SERVICE pin is  already high, even though it is high i am getting this problem
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Tue Jul 14 02:34:57 MST 2015

Quote: kiran kumar
I am using LPC3250 there i did not find any pin like ISP.

Try SERVICE...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Tue Jul 14 02:25:32 MST 2015
I am using LPC3250 there i did not find any pin like ISP. I am debugging the example project "lpc3250_vfp_ops" which is given with the tool.
should i need to add any external file to booting(initialization file in keil). Here i am attaching a screen shot which is having register information.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 14 00:33:57 MST 2015
Without seeing the PC, I cannot tell for certain, but if the PC address starts 0x1f.... then you are stuck in the boot ROM. This will be because you have not tied the ISP pin. Please read the design considerations for debug FAQ once more.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Mon Jul 13 23:22:15 MST 2015
Hi,

i have updated reset circuitry now i am able to connect the JTag but i am getting the below error,

No source available for "(gdb[1].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[1].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

can you please let me know how to resolve this problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jul 13 05:27:04 MST 2015
See
https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-design

If you follow this FAQ, your system should work. If not, you are going to need to experiment with your circuit until you fin d the problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Mon Jul 13 04:29:31 MST 2015
Should we remove JTAG_RESET from driving the reset circuit? Is this the problem?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jul 13 03:59:26 MST 2015
LPCXpresso, unlike U-Link Pro, does not allow connect-under-reset. It appears that your reset is permanently asserted.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kiran kumar on Mon Jul 13 03:03:58 MST 2015
Yes, there is a mistake in the title. Our debug circuit is working with the keil ULink Pro and we have verified that the signals TMS,TCK,TDO,TDI, TRST,RTCK and GRND are connected properly to LPC link. Here I have attached the reset circuitry in the board which i am using. Please let me know any changes required in the reset circuitry and debug circuitry.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jul 13 02:33:46 MST 2015
I am confused by your title "Unable to debug through LPC812" when you are describing a problem with LPC3250. Is this just a mistake on the title?

Anyway, you have a problem with you hardware design:

ARM9 AP/DP is unresponsive. Please cycle target power (off/on).

Review your debug circuit

Failed on connect: Ee(15). Attempt to reset while in reset.

Review your reset circuit.
0 Kudos