cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM emulation

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Wed Aug 03 22:19:45 MST 2011
hello,

i just want to ask if it is possible to emulate the ROM. like in lpc1343, i want to implement the power profile API which uses the ROM but the LPC1343 I believe does not contain a ROM. How can I possibly implement the power profile API(Set_Power). Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Sun Aug 07 18:10:04 MST 2011
hello

thanks for the information. so it is not really possible to implement power profile in LPC1343??thankks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ktownsend on Sun Aug 07 13:30:50 MST 2011

Quote: straw_hat
hi thank you for the information. So it is really possible to implement power profile in LPC1343?? If so, can you please give an idea how to accomplish it, because as i read the user manual (UM10375), it does not include the LPC1343. Thank you

I think you misunderstood.  Power profiles are ONLY present in the LPC1100L chips and the 'L' version of the LPC1313.  If you want to do this yourself in the LPC1343, you will need to write your own power management code.

You could possibly write a program to read the ROM from an LPC1313 and reverse engineer some of the logic, but that's obviously a fairly significant endeavour, and there are likely to be some registers that are only available or valid on the L series chips (that won't be valid on the earlier LPC1343).  Presumably there were also some HW changes to improve the power performance of these newer chips since the L series has different characteristics for things like the voltage on pins using internal pullups, etc.

The short answer is ... if you want power profiles from ROM, you need to use an 'L' series LPC1100 or LPC1313 chip.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by straw_hat on Thu Aug 04 17:56:19 MST 2011
hi thank you for the information. So it is really possible to implement power profile in LPC1343?? If so, can you please give an idea how to accomplish it, because as i read the user manual (UM10375), it does not include the LPC1343. Thank you
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Europe on Thu Aug 04 06:04:54 MST 2011
Hi Straw-hat,
The LPC1343 has two types of ROM, the Flash :) and a piece of ROM not accessible for writing.. ROM -> Read only Memory..;)
If you want to create power profiles as the LPC1313 or LPC11xx has, you could use a part of the Flash for doing this.
You then need to place your API to your selected piece of Flash, and run it from there.

Kind regards,
0 Kudos