Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project import problem.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Wed Aug 03 09:02:03 MST 2011
I downloaded the new rev of LPCXpresso and imported my project and compiled. It all went OK. Then I noticed that the compile was referencing my old workspace from the pervious install of LPCXpresso. That is not what I wanted. I wanted to copy my old workspace into my new workspace and to leave the old workspace alone.

I used "import->Existing Projects into Workspace" which sounds right but does not do what I want.

The new workspace compiles OK but the old install is messed up because the metadata was updated.

I remembed (too late) this problem from last time I upgraded. I had to do a lot of messing around to get a clean build in my new workspace without the references to my old workspace.

Obviously I did something wrong. What is the best way to get a new workspace that contains my project without messing up my previous install and project?

Pete.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Aug 03 12:38:15 MST 2011
It sounds like you used the Import option on the File menu - which by default does not have the "copy into workspace" option set , rather than using the Import entry in the Quickstart Panel (which does have the copy option set)?

As an aside, if you are moving from LPCXpresso 3.x to 4.0, then you may find the below FAQ useful...

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/MigratingToVersion4

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos