Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp error message

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JohnR on Wed Aug 11 06:00:05 MST 2010
When invoking the debug button in the IDE (both versions 3.2 and 3.4) I get the following error message:

[I]crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.[/I]

After clearing this message, the download works fine.

What does this message mean?

Thanks

John.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexmouse on Sat Oct 23 14:57:37 MST 2010
I get exactly the same error message and symptoms, using v3.5.
If I ignore the error debug seems to be working fine.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JohnR on Wed Aug 11 12:01:24 MST 2010
Thanks again for your help.

I uninstalled v3.4 and v3.2 and removed the corresponding directories.

On reinstalling v3.4, the installer did not ask to install the drivers so I assume that they were not removed during the deinstallations?

Again the same error message before downloading - right now I am ignoring this as the download and debugger seems to be working as expected so the drivers must be present and working?

I also installed v3.4 on an almost new netbook. All the expected installation messages came up and the whole IDE seems fine with no problems although the netbook seems quite a lot slower than my fairly old IBM laptop.

John.

John.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Aug 11 07:31:28 MST 2010
The target card *is* an emulator - it is LPC-Link (a JTAG/SWD debug emulator), which is turn connects to your target chip.

From the output I'm am pretty certain that one of our expected (Windows) drivers is missing.

When you installed, did you allow the "Code Red Debug Drivers" to install? When they install, you would have got a message from Windows asking if you wanted to allow them to install. If you did not allow them, or an error occured during the install,, then this will explain the error you are seeing. You can correct the error by re-installing and allowing all the drivers to install.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by JohnR on Wed Aug 11 07:02:48 MST 2010
Hi

Thanks for the fast response.

[I]<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu[/I]
Ni: CPCXpresso Debug Driver 2.0 (Jun 10 2010 11:46:12)
[I]              Then shows the Microsoft error message[/I]

[I]<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu -wire=hid[/I]
0 emulators available

[I]<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu -wire=winusb[/I]
0 emulators available

Why is the IDE looking for an emulator when the actual target card is present? I must be doing something stupid?

John.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Aug 11 06:31:52 MST 2010
Before starting a debug session, the debug driver is run to look for possible debug targets (LPC-Link, Red Probe, etc). If a single debug target is found, then it will use that; if multiple targets are found, the user is prompted to select one.

From your description, my guess is that the debug driver is crashing when looking for for a debug target.

To help us determine the error, can you try running the following commands from the command line and post the output to this thread:
<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu
<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu -wire=hid
<install>/bin/crt_emu_lpc11_13_nxp -info-emu -wire=winusb

Thanks
0 Kudos