lpcware

Questions about restricted Substances including in PCA9531D product

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sylvain Marquis on Wed Jan 14 09:49:54 MST 2015
Hello customer support,
I use this product:  PCA9531D
I have some questions about this one:
Substance #1:
Question #1:
Could you tell me the details or raisons for why the substance as "NICKEL" must be used for Pre-plating of PCA9531D product ?
Question #2:
About substance restricted:   NICKEL (CAS: 7440-02-0) included in  PCA9531D.

My question is: Details on when and how the substance shall be replaced.
Phase out date: ______

Question #3:
Include details on what impact might occur (potential risks on health/environment) :

Question #4:
Include details on the necessary steps to be taken to ensure safe use and/ or disposal (Handling / Maintenance / Disposal instructions) :
----------------------------------------------------------------
Substance #2:
Question #5:
Could you tell me the details or raisons for why the substance as "QUARTZ (sand)" must be used for Mould compound of PCA9531D product ?
Question #6:
About substance restricted:    QUARTZ (sand) (CAS: 14808-60-7) included in  PCA9531D.

Question #7:
Include details on what impact might occur (potential risks on health/environment) :

Question #8:
Include details on the necessary steps to be taken to ensure safe use and/ or disposal (Handling / Maintenance / Disposal instructions) :

Substance #3:
Question #9:
Could you tell me the details or raisons for why the substance as "Antimony trioxide" must be used for Mould compound of PCA9531D product ?
Question #10:
About substance restricted:    Antimony trioxide (CAS: 1309-64-4) included in  PCA9531D.

Question #11:

Question #12:
Substance #4:
Question #13:
Could you tell me the details or raisons for why the substance as "COPPER" must be used for Lead frame of PCA9531D product ?
Question #14:
About substance restricted:    COPPER (CAS: 7440-50-8) included in  PCA9531D.

Question #15:

Question #16:
Substance #5:
Question #17:
Could you tell me the details or raisons for why the substance as "ZINC" must be used for Lead frame of PCA9531D product ?
Question #18:
About substance restricted:    ZINC (CAS: 7440-66-6) included in  PCA9531D.

Question #19:

Question #20:
In general:
Question #21:
What is your policies concerning the Waste treatment method (recycling, incineration, disposal) ?

Question #22:
What is the treatment category (pretreatment, dismanting metal separation, recyclable non-metallic residues treatment, energy recover of non metallic residues, disposal of materials) of electronics parts ?

P.S. We use product with PCB. As this product has substances restricted (NICKEL, QUARTZ (sand), Antimony trioxide, COPPER and ZINC) for my customer application, I have to complete a derogation sheet for him.
One request of my customer are the raisons for why substances are used and if this substance will be replaced by alternative environmentally friendly substance.

Thank you.

Outcomes