lpcware

Linux IDE Installation Questions

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mitch_feaster on Fri Apr 22 22:19:38 MST 2011
Hi, I have a few questions about the Linux IDE installer. I'm using Arch Linux. I know it's impossible to support every Linux distro, but since I don't have a copy of Windows and run Arch on all my machines I'm kind of out of options short of installing a new OS, so I'd love to get this debug'd.

Can I please know exactly what the installer did to my system? I don't really like the super-user requirement, I wanted to place it in a non-privileged area (somewhere under /opt) anyways, and I'm not sure I like the idea of your installer trampsing around my system with root doing whatever it pleases... That being said, I went ahead and ran it (it's not working -- see next question) but I'm also getting strange libusb errors while doing things unrelated to lpc (does the installer mess with my libusb??? Please say no...) It would be a lot easier for those of us not on Ubuntu to get stuff working if the installer were a self-extracting shell script with any proprietary binaries tacked on to the end (like what Eagle and others do).

After installation, I'm unable to start the IDE. I've pasted below the output on my console when I try to start it, the .log file that gets produces, as well as the output from a few possibly relevant commands. Anyone know what's going on here? It's complaining about a few files that appear to exist on my system, so I'm guessing it's just some java path configuration...

Thanks!

mgalgs@sonch[!511,0.25]$ /opt/lpc/eclipse/lpcxpresso
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(lpcxpresso:3792): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

(lpcxpresso:3792): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomesegvhandler": libgnomesegvhandler.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Even though:

mgalgs@sonch[!514,0.29]$ locate libcanberra-gtk-module.so
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so

The log file:

!SESSION 2011-04-22 21:22:10.369 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_18
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2011-04-22 21:22:11.532
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.util.event; version="1.0.0"
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:337)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-04-22 21:22:14.106
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-pi-gtk-3557 or swt-pi-gtk in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:254)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:159)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:22)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:131)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:516)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:88)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

even though:

mgalgs@sonch[!517,0.23]$ locate libswt
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/1430446636/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/205/1/.cp/libswt-gtk-3557.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/1430446636/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/205/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3557.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-atk-gtk-3659.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-cairo-gtk-3659.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-gnome-gtk-3659.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-gtk-3659.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3659.so
/home/mgalgs/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.6.1_1543616141/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/276/1/.cp/libswt-xpcominit-gtk-3659.so

Thanks again for any pointers! (no pun intended...)

Outcomes