How to automatically show the Debug perspective when start debugging, and show back the C/C++ perspective when terminate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically show the Debug perspective when start debugging, and show back the C/C++ perspective when terminate

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Doini on Tue Dec 08 14:11:34 MST 2015
Hello,

I am editing my code in the C/C++ perspective.
When I start debugging I would like the Debug perspective to show up automatically.
And when I finish debugging I would like the C/C++ perspective to come back automatically.
As it is now, it will stay always in the Develop perspective, and I do not like that.
I mention that I have opened the C/C++ and Develop perspectives as icons on the up right corner of IDE, but they do not show automatically when I need them.

I would really apreciate some help.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Doini on Thu Dec 10 22:17:27 MST 2015
Thank you, I appreciate that.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Dec 10 01:20:11 MST 2015
Your alternative of course is to open the additional views that you are using whilst in the Develop perspective (maybe tabbed with some of the existing views). That way you can just switch to the views you are interested in without needing to switch between perspectives. This was the whole idea of introducing the Develop perspective in the first place.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Doini on Wed Dec 09 17:51:17 MST 2015
Thank you, I appreciate your answers.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vtw.433e on Wed Dec 09 02:44:31 MST 2015
IT is not possible to switch back to another perspective when finishing a Debug session. This is an Eclipse restriction.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LessThanZero on Tue Dec 08 22:37:06 MST 2015

There's a preference for selecting the perspective you want for debug:

Window -> Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Perspectives -> C/C++ (NXP Semiconductors) MCU

Select the Debug Perspective, and check the Always push buttons. Then, Apply the changes.

I don't know of a way to automatically restore the C/C++ Perspective when the debug session ends.

LessThanZero
0 Kudos