cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lenguyen on Mon Apr 14 13:22:51 MST 2014
Hi All,

I had been faced with debugger issue since first day of my project. I unplug and  plug back in the debugger to restart the PC then the problem go away but not this time. I know unplug then plug back in or restart the PC is not right way to resolve the problem.
However today I am running into the problem which I can not do anything to fix this problem. If any body have the same problem or know to fix the problem please help us.

Here's error message:
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Apr 16 09:13:52 MST 2014

The purpose of the "Vector catch" setting is to force the part through additional reset processing prior to connect. If this worked for you, I suspect there's a separate issue. In some cases, this has been traced to incorrect power, and/or clock (e.g. PLL) settings. If this were the case, booting the part into the ISP should have resolved it. Glad to hear you've resolved the problem.

Regards,

LPCXpresso-Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lenguyen on Wed Apr 16 06:45:33 MST 2014
Hi,

Yes, we've tried on three different dev boards but the same problem. However change "vector catch" to "true" solves the problem.
Thank you.
L.N
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Apr 15 23:11:34 MST 2014

Did you substitute your hardware to see if you can duplicate the error?

Regards,

LPCXpresso-Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lenguyen on Tue Apr 15 06:29:16 MST 2014
Hi,

I tried all you suggested. Reboot with ISP before flashing, update LPCExpresso to latest. However the issue is still remain.
Here's exactly error message:

Target reported errors
Reason; Flash driver "EraseSector" timeout (3000ms) PC: 00003EA0. 

Any input ?

Thanks
LN
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Apr 14 16:42:09 MST 2014

Have you tried booting the part into the ISP before flashing. If not, please do so and report your results. Here's a FAQ on the subject:

Regaining debug access to target MCU

If you see no improvement, I'd recommend you substitute your target hardware to rule out any problem with hardware/power. The LPCXpresso release you're using is dated by several revisions .In order to help you further, you'll need to install the latest release.

Regards,

LPCXpresso-Support
0 Kudos