cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while launching command: gdb --version

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanJames on Wed Feb 06 03:01:04 MST 2013
I have downloaded the example projects for the LPC1114 and am able to debug the blinky project.

I then created a new workspace for my own project (on the LPC1227). My projects compiles and I can flash the chip and everything is ok.

The problem occurs when I try to debug the project and I get the following error:

Error while launching command: gdb --version

If I switch back to the other workspace the debugger works fine, so I a assuming there must be a path error somewhere.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Ian James
9 Replies

juanabelaira
Contributor III

I could finally sort it out by deleting the configuration and clicking on the debug button arrow and selecting Debug As > C/C++. But it wouldn't work just by starting a new debug configuration.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Mon Mar 04 00:35:32 MST 2013
This is normally caused by yoy creating your own (wrong) debug configuration. Simpest thing to do is
- right-click and press Launch configuration->Delete
and the press the Debug button in the Quickstart panel. This will create a correct, working debug configuration.

HTH
0 Kudos

juanabelaira
Contributor III

That doesn't work here, mate.

Not even re-installing LPCXpresso.

Neither moving project files (cleaned) to a fresh folder and changing workspace.

TG it's free... poor chaps who paid a penny...

Removing breakpoints didn't help as well, as pointed in another thread.

Well... finally... click on the Debug down arrow, then Debug As > 1 C/C++ (NXP...) 

Or else in a whole year nobody else has tripped on this or users don't come here or there aren't so many users.

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

If all else fails RTFM.

Debugging is fully described in the Manual. It is different to standard Eclipse.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Sun Mar 03 21:45:59 MST 2013
I reinstalled lpc expresso and the first time I tried I could run/debug one example project. However when I changed to one of the other projects I got exactly the same fault again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vfdnamcar on Sun Mar 03 20:57:33 MST 2013
you will get a Business Builder Bonus of $100 more. you can take advantage of the fast start bonus of $100 if you enroll four energy accounts within 30 days you get started. you'll start putting in half of the effort,jordan retro 11 black and red, If you need help, The first thing to check is that there is a product for sale.It is also important to research the training tools available to a new recruit.   because all you need to have is a website. and will not coast you a dime to do. You can give free teleseminars to your prospects and those you market to. When you become the 'go to guy,The MLM industry is about leadership. they never jordan retro 4 juanita jordan promote their MLM companies and jordan super fly they all hold generic training sessions for free. While choosing a marble countertop he can choose from cheap jordan shoes for kids two types of countertop. Spills on your marble countertop ought discount jordan shoes wholesale to be cleaned immediately. b) Freelance on the side to start with – Do not quit your day job to get into freelancing unless you have started, with many people choosing to be independent in how they work jordan shoes and jordan son of mars earn.   It could be a present-day room with traditional looks or a traditional room with state-of-the-art accents. it is time to clear up another critical subject. To make money with your home cooking company, you can easily start a company in this field and work from your jordan retro 4 own kitchen. Another important piece of advice when it comes time to buy massage chair is to decide if you are going to buy for the long term or if you need a short term solution. Or are you looking for a massage chair that you can always keep at your home when the time comes jordan heels to use it? Within this Anabolic Cooking review we will choose a look at this merchandise,http://www.jordanretroxi.com/air-jordan-2-ii-c-12.html, the Anabolic Cooking cookbook can only be discovered on the net and there is no in-keep alternative." There is jordana brewster an answer,Retro Air Jordan Xi! jordan son of mars how they can cheap jordan shoes make a fast income.   If you go over 700 words you have the chance of loosing the reader.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tridentsx on Sun Mar 03 16:24:41 MST 2013
I am having the same issue, new install of LPCXpresso v5.1.2 [Build 2065] [2013-02-20]

I am trying to run or debug the LPCOpen examples for the LPC1347 xpresso board, I get the error

"Error while launching command: gdb --version" when I try to debug from either project menu or tool bar.

From quick start panel I get

[SIZE=1]An internal error occurred during: "Launching nxp_xpresso_1347_freertos_blinky".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]java.lang.NullPointerException[/SIZE]

When I try to run examples I get following error

Error starting process.
Cannot run program "C:\Users\tridentsx\lpcopen\applications\lpc13xx\xpresso_projects\nxp_xpresso_1347\nxp_xpresso_1347_freertos_blinky\Debug\nxp_xpresso_1347_freertos_blinky.axf": Launching failed
Cannot run program "C:\Users\tridentsx\lpcopen\applications\lpc13xx\xpresso_projects\nxp_xpresso_1347\nxp_xpresso_1347_freertos_blinky\Debug\nxp_xpresso_1347_freertos_blinky.axf": Launching failed

When I try to enable the debug log as described in the FAQ link then I dont have the option for debug log only two option CDT Global build console or CDT [project] build console.

Building the projects works fine though.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanJames on Fri Feb 08 05:18:35 MST 2013
I re-installed LPCXpresso and all is well
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Feb 06 07:50:55 MST 2013
What version of LPCXpresso IDE?

When you flash the chip and it is OK - how are you actually doing this?

And how did you start the debug connection to the target that is failing - are using the "Debug" button in the Quickstart Panel?

Please also post the debug log...

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugLog

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos