lpcware

switching from LPXPRESSO 4.2.2 to LPCXPRESSO 5.0.14 broke my application

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vincentvdlocht on Thu Jan 31 11:25:10 MST 2013
I've made a simple application framework using a default link script, default start-up code and the driver library found on ics.nxp.com for the LPC1769.

From this driver library I'm only using the uart and timer functions.

In version 4.2.2 it all compiles as it should. In version 5.0.14 I get error from the linker.

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_5.0.14_1109/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7-m\libg.a(lib_a-abort.o): In function `abort':
abort.c:(.text.abort+0xa): undefined reference to `_exit'
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_5.0.14_1109/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7-m\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_kill_r':
signalr.c:(.text._kill_r+0xe): undefined reference to `_kill'
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_5.0.14_1109/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7-m\libg.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_getpid_r':
signalr.c:(.text._getpid_r+0x0): undefined reference to `_getpid'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [project.elf] Error 1

I've swapped the PATH environment variable back to the toolset of ver. 4.2.2 within the new lpcxpresso and that solves it. Still, I would like to use the new tools (also for future support).

Can anyone help me on this, or ask the right questions to find the cause of this issue?

Outcomes