Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to LPC1769 xpresso board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Clive on Sat Jan 08 11:46:59 MST 2011
I am trying a LPC1769 xpresso board for the first time. I am using Windows XP. I have activated the IDE. When I connect target board Windows starts 'Found New Hardware Wizard'. Getting started with NXP LPCXpresso document does not say anything about what to do next. How do I proceed?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by thanseen on Mon Jan 24 15:07:04 MST 2011
Same thing for me today.  Out of the box, fire up the IDE and connect the board.  I let Windows search and it settled on installing "USB device with DFU Capabilities."  Hope that is OK.  Wish I had seen it in Getting Started.  For what it's worth.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by piperazine on Sat Jan 08 13:22:45 MST 2011
I was in the same boat earlier today (my board arrived this morning), all I did was to let Windows (XP) choose the best drivers and everything seems to be ok. Would of been nice to have this somewhere in the documentation, especially with the time out warning that I got when installing the 'LPC-Link Debug Probe' driver for the first time, and the Windows 'Driver Signing' window that annoyingly pops up behind the LPC-Link Initialising splash screen, meaning you have to move the 'Driver Signing' window over to click on 'Continue', scary stuff for a n00b. Come to think of it I really should turn driver signing off.

That said.. I'm really pleased this little board, and think the IDE is fantastic. I think I've just turned into an ARM fanboy :eek:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Clive on Sat Jan 08 12:40:23 MST 2011
I have got it working now thanks.
0 Kudos