cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoIDE to Lpc Expreso Ide

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andrei.badila on Thu Sep 20 16:37:32 MST 2012
Hy,

I want to export project from CoIDE to LPCEXPRESSO IDE.

Any ideea?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sun Sep 23 02:04:30 MST 2012
Have you tried importing directly from within LPCXPresso? File->Import->Existing project and browse to the Coocox project directory.

Otherwise, just create a project in LPCXpresso and drag/drop the files into the project (drag from Windows explorer into LPCXpresso's Project Explorer.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sat Sep 22 23:43:08 MST 2012
It's hard to export CoIDE projects to use with the CoIDE itself. I tried and I didn't succeed, so I guess there is no native way for porting from one to the another.

CooCox has an utility for exporting Keil projects to CoIDE, but that's another story.

One way to do it, and it's no trivial, is to parse the CoIDE project's definition file, which is XML in plain text, and to convert it to LPCXpresso's format. Ruby language is good at this kind of work.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Sat Sep 22 02:07:03 MST 2012
Never used CoIDE, but I suspect that even though it is also based on Eclipse, projects won't convert straight into LPCXpresso IDE.

I would suggest that you simply create a new project for your part using the New project wizard in LPCXpresso (on the Quickstart panel) then copy the appropriate files across.

If you want help getting started in LPCXpresso IDE, I suggest you take a look at the videos that Zero posted links to here.

HTH!
0 Kudos