lpcware

Problem deebugging LPCOpen project

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kagestodder on Wed May 13 03:38:05 MST 2015
Hi everyone,

I just received a lpc1769 a few days ago and have been eager do some programming on it. I have only worked on old pic processors in the past, so i am completely new to the lpcxpresso ide. I thought it would be easiest to download the lpcopen projects and get some of them running, in order to learn the basics.

I am able to build all of the projects, but when trying to debug them on my board i do not get any response.

I press build. Press debug. A pop-up asks me what debugger i want to use, i click the only one available, which i assume is my connected board. When its done loading nothing happens. In the console there is no text, and above it is a label "<terminated> project name Debug messages". When clicking the problems tab i have no errors.

I tried several led blinky projects nothing. Even if the projects dont give me a visual output on the board shouldn't there at least be some text in the console telling me the program was debugged successfully?

I hope you are able to help a newbie in distress.

Best Regards

Outcomes