First time using LPCOpen - "Error retrieving content description for resource..."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time using LPCOpen - "Error retrieving content description for resource..."

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Wed Mar 26 12:22:03 MST 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm using a custom board with a LPC1754 and debugging it via SWD on the LPC Link2 board.

I followed the quickstart guide to LPCOpen for LPCXpresso but no matter what project I try to add I always get this message on the .c files "Error retrieving content description for resource...".

If I try to build it I get the error: "make:*** No rule to make target....."

Does anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Mon Mar 31 17:54:02 MST 2014

Quote: LabRat
Using a chip and a board library is a clean and modern approach  :)  'Writing all my stuff in main' is a little bit old-fashioned...

I will still use a chip library always! I agree with you 100%

I will most likely later on, adapt the board files to my custom board. Just testing a couple of things for now to get used to this uC and this IDE :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Mon Mar 31 17:23:08 MST 2014

Quote: zepedrowdp
...I thought it would be better if I just setted the pins and other configurations on my main...

Using a chip and a board library is a clean and modern approach  :)  'Writing all my stuff in main' is a little bit old-fashioned...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Mar 31 17:09:45 MST 2014
The chip layer requires several extern values that are board dependent.
If you remove the board layer completely (you can), just add those extern definitions to your example somewhere.

/* System oscillator rate and RTC oscillator rate */
const uint32_t OscRateIn = 12000000;
const uint32_t RTCOscRateIn = 32768;

We have some changes upcoming that will assume you are using typical values if you don't define them, but these are usually adjustable and must match your board's values.
(Ok, the RTC clock one isn't so adjustable if you want to use the RTC).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Mon Mar 31 17:08:00 MST 2014

Quote: LabRat

You don't use board.c?  Why? Might surprise you, but there are both in board.c:

I gave a quick look to that file and must over read that part! Sorry for the dumb question...

I'm not using the board.c file because I thought it would be better if I just setted the pins and other configurations on my main file as my board is much more simple than the one from the example.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Mon Mar 31 16:58:10 MST 2014

When I try to build the blinky example I get the error "undefined reference to "OscRateIn" and to "RTCOscRateIn", despite that both variables seem to be declared on the chip.h file!

You don't use board.c?  Why? Might surprise you, but there are both in board.c:

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Mon Mar 31 16:28:45 MST 2014
I'm trying to build the blinky example, with no success so far. I didn't include the board.h on any files or make commands. I included chip.h instead, both on the main program (systick.c) and sysinit.c. I also defined
#define NO_BOARD_LIB 1 
#if defined(NO_BOARD_LIB)
/* Chip specific SystemInit */
Chip_SystemInit();
#else
/* Setup system clocking and muxing */
Board_SystemInit();
#endif

For this to work.

Although,I keep getting an error regarding two variables that are declared on the chip.h file:
/**
 * @briefSystem oscillator rate
 * This value is defined externally to the chip layer and contains
 * the value in Hz for the external oscillator for the board. If using the
 * internal oscillator, this rate can be 0.
 */
extern const uint32_t OscRateIn;

/**
 * @briefRTC oscillator rate
 * This value is defined externally to the chip layer and contains
 * the value in Hz for the RTC oscillator for the board. This is
 * usually 32KHz (32768). If not using the RTC, this rate can be 0.
 */
extern const uint32_t RTCOscRateIn;

It seems that they aren't being linked correctly with the functions that use them on the file clock_17xx_40xx.h:
/**
 * @briefReturns the main oscillator clock rate
 * @returnmain oscillator clock rate
 */
STATIC INLINE uint32_t Chip_Clock_GetMainOscRate(void)
{
return OscRateIn;
}

* @briefReturns the RTC oscillator clock rate
 * @returnRTC oscillator clock rate
 */
STATIC INLINE uint32_t Chip_Clock_GetRTCOscRate(void)
{
return RTCOscRateIn;
}

When I try to build the blinky example I get the error "undefined reference to "OscRateIn" and to "RTCOscRateIn", despite that both variables seem to be declared on the chip.h file!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Mar 27 11:07:34 MST 2014
Use the 'LPCXpreso LPC1769 board' version of LPCOpen - this is for LPC175x and LPC176x device families.
The board layer and examples are configured for the LPCXpresso LPC1769 board, so you might need to make a few tweaks to pin pin muxing to use them as-is on your board.

http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769.zip
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Thu Mar 27 10:54:17 MST 2014
Nice! :)

I have a question though: To get the example codes to work, do we need to include the board.c file (under the lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769 folder)?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Mar 27 09:55:56 MST 2014
I'm not sure what this

'[color=#f00]LPCXpreso[/color] LPC1769 board' is, but I guess it's LPCXpresso...

And this Version is working with my own LPC1751, so it should work with your 1754, too  :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Thu Mar 27 09:50:16 MST 2014
I am installing LPCXpresso 7.0.2 as we speak :)

I thought LPCOpen 2.10 wasn't fit for my project as it lists only Embedded Artists LPC1788 board on the supported devices and I am using a custom made board with a LPC1754...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Mar 27 09:41:01 MST 2014
Please use LPCXpresso 7.0.2 and LPCOpen 2.10. The integration is much improved
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Thu Mar 27 09:26:59 MST 2014

I am using version lpcopen_v1.03.

:O

Use 2.10 !!!!!

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Thu Mar 27 09:25:18 MST 2014
It is a new installation indeed, but both LPCXpresso as my custom board are working. I had no problem importing the CMSIS project and creating a new src file, building it and testing it with success (turning a LED on and then off).

I noticed that when I import the projects from LPCOpen, the folder created in my workspace has nothing but two files (named .cproject and .project). When I import other files (like the CMSIS that comes with LPCXpresso), it creates all the suposed files (src, includes, etc...) on the workspace folder.

I have my LPCOpen on the root folder and I tried both with zipped and unzipped files with no success.

I am using version lpcopen_v1.03 and LPCXpresso 6.1.4.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Mar 27 01:29:02 MST 2014
This error is normally caused by the project having a reference to a file, but the file does not exist on disk. So
[list]
  [*]check that the files actually exist in the directory on your disk
  [*]refresh your workspace in LPCXpresso - select all the projects in Project Explorer and press F5 (or right-click and select Refresh)
[/list]

So, how did you create the LPCOpen projects? It should simply be a case of downloading the correct zip file and then using the Quickstart->Import projects button to select the file and import to create your projects. The latest packages and documentation for LPCOpen can be found here:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-v2xx-online...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Wed Mar 26 23:43:57 MST 2014
The usual things: Clean, Rebuild, Delete Launch Configurations?

Is it a LPCOpen project problem? Are other projects working? Is it a new LPCXpresso installation? Did your LPCXpresso ever work?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zepedrowdp on Wed Mar 26 18:21:20 MST 2014
Did that already, a couple of times.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Mar 26 14:24:02 MST 2014
Try restarting LPCXpresso
0 Kudos