cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFUSec programming sample

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AvWoerkom on Sun Mar 09 15:37:36 MST 2014
When i compile the dfuproalgo example add a header with DFUSec and dowload it to my own board the programmer complaints "Board algorithm failed to start".
When i'll use a precompiled  file "iram_dfu_util_any.bin.hdr" the programmers works OK, but i want to add a NOR flash part to the downloader.
I'am working with Keil V5.0  en LPCopen 2.09 on a own LPC4357 board. 

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Allard van Woerkom
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AvWoerkom on Tue Mar 11 12:24:02 MST 2014
Hi kevin,

Thanks for your quik reply.
Yes I added the header to the algo file, and I use the example files without any changes.
Still does not work.
See the two screenprint's of the action's i made.

Allard
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Mar 10 14:26:55 MST 2014

Quote:
When i compile the dfuproalgo example add a header with DFUSec and dowload it to my own board the programmer complaints "Board algorithm failed to start".

Did you run the image via the header generation tool first before using it as a programming algo that is downloaded?
That is the first tab in the DFUSec tool. Use the file it generates with your binary as an input as the algo file for the program tab.

Quote:
When i'll use a precompiled file "iram_dfu_util_any.bin.hdr" the programmers works OK, but i want to add a NOR flash part to the downloader.

If all else fails, try rebuilding the original algo "as is" and then using it to make sure it works. Then start small - maybe just stubbing in your functions without actually altering hardware before adding in the full functionality.
0 Kudos