cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370: RAM corruption during code execution

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jineshwar on Tue Jul 01 05:45:28 MST 2014
Hi,

We are working on LPC4370, the issue what we see is that some of the RAM variables getting corrupted at times. We could see the corrupt values, when we put a break point and check.

One important aspect which i want to mention here is that, we are placing a portion of our code in RAM using linker file.

Apart from that there nothing special or different which comes to my mind.

Please do let me know what could be the possible cause, that would be really helpful for me start debugging.

Thanks and regards,
Jinesh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jul 01 23:41:37 MST 2014
Possible cause? Your code... This is exactly what a debugger is for.

Things to think about:
Are you using the other cores on the LPC4370? It could be one of those.
Is there a pattern to the corruption? i.e. is there a whole block of consecutive addresses that is being corrupted, or single variables? Take a look at the memory around the variables and see if you can see something you recognise (a known string, or data that you know)
Do you recognise the corrupted values? Could the come from another part of your code?
Are you using the heap (malloc)? are you overwriting the end of an allocated buffer?
Have you tried using watchpoints on the corrupted variables .
0 Kudos