Multiple UARTs on the LPC824 with LPC Open ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple UARTs on the LPC824 with LPC Open ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LI_Dave on Tue Mar 24 16:21:49 MST 2015
Not sure if this belongs here or in the LPC Open forum...

I have an application that needs to handle full duplex data on 2 UARTs simultaneously.  I will definitely go interrupt driven but could go with either the ROM routines or the ring buffer example. 

It doesn't look like either of these LPC Open examples are inherently dual port capable.  Before I dig in, has anyone had any experience running 2 channels of the LPC Open UART code for UART0 and UART1?   Hoping to leverage LPCOpen as much as possible.

I suppose I could run my slower port polled if necessary.  One is 115.2K and the other only 2400.

Thanks!
Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LI_Dave on Thu Mar 26 18:53:25 MST 2015
OK, will give it a shot.  I'm no C guru yet so it wasn't immediately obvious how to use or modify the interrupt driven LPCopen reference code to support two instances.   If anyone has done this before I'd appreciate any comments.

Regards,
Dave
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Mar 25 07:28:01 MST 2015
Hi Ll_Dave,

I do not see why any of the UART LPCOpen examples will have issues with using two UARTs. It is true that in general the LPCOpen examples only setup and use one UART/SPI/I2C but there shouldn't be any limitation to one UART -- just setup the necessary pins, clocking, IRQ, etc. for another :)
0 Kudos