lpcware

What about having a LPC8xx variant for power conversion applications?

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rayhofmann on Mon Feb 23 00:29:36 MST 2015
Sorry, but i am just overwhelmed by these thousands of slightly different ac/dc & dc/dc controllers&converters and i have a hard time finding what i need, getting it to do what i want and finally avoiding undocumented pitfalls like hiccup mode triggering falsely and not being quantitatively specified in the DS.

So i am designing a LPC822 into a 3 channel flyback converter. One channel having 24-48V input giving isolated 12V10W out and two channels with the same input having a isolated 4W led lighting output.

So far the LPC8xx with its small size, low price and SCT is the best fit i could find, but what about some changes to make it more attractive in this kind of applications?

- multi channel comparators (4?) for short circuit protection of the switch and current mode cycle termination having two selectable levels, not just one comparator with one level
- increased timer frequency to 100MHz, get higher PWM resolution
- a specification of the A/D sampling window and duration
- little faster A/D or maybe 10Bit but faster with the same type or two A/Ds
- two SCTs
- reset input that is always active enabling a "emergency reset" for short circuit detection, etc
- Some code building blocks / appnotes for flyback, step-down, etc.

Outcomes