cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C pin in LPC810

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HammingBird on Tue Jan 05 20:50:53 MST 2016
Hallo,
I have a project on LPC810 with  0.56" 7-Segment Backpack (I2C communication)  LED display.
does anybody knows how to connect  SDA (data line) with LPC810 ? coz, LPC810 has SWCLK(PIO0_3), I think its clock line. But I did not find  Data line.

There is SWDIO(PIO0_2) But I am not sure that, is it  Data line or not?

And   also need help for  header and C  file for both LPC810 and    0.56" 7-Segment Backpack LED display.

Thanks in Advanced.
HammingBird
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Tue Feb 09 09:26:08 MST 2016

Quote: Wojtkingson

I think, that you can assign I2C function to other pins than true open drain, but you have to set them to open drain mode.

Yes, and take care these pins are NOT 5V tolerantin that case. What's the displays working voltage?

Marc
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wojtkingson on Tue Jan 12 08:59:19 MST 2016
Hi,

I have no experience with LPC810, but SWCLK and SWDIO are intended for programming via SWD - http://www.arm.com/products/system-ip/debug-trace/coresight-soc-components/serial-wire-debug.php

LPC812 have these pins on PIO0_10 and PIO0_11, these pins are true open drain, so you can communicate via fast mode (high speed). But you have to use switch matrix, which allows you to connect this function (I2C) to pins

void I2cInitPin(u8 sda, u8 scl)
{
/* Enable the clock to the Switch Matrix */
Chip_Clock_EnablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM);

/* Connect the I2C_SDA and I2C_SCL signals to port pins(P0.10, P0.11) */
Chip_SWM_MovablePinAssign(SWM_I2C_SDA_IO, sda);
Chip_SWM_MovablePinAssign(SWM_I2C_SCL_IO, scl);

/* Disable the clock to the Switch Matrix to save power */
Chip_Clock_DisablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM);
}

I think, that you can assign I2C function to other pins than true open drain, but you have to set them to open drain mode.
0 Kudos