lpcware

ISP documentation error - UM10601 - 14 March 2013

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Mon Jul 29 16:37:56 MST 2013
Hi,

I've nearly finished my own (Linux-only) command-line ISP programming tool. Only very remotely similar to lpc21isp. Available on www.windscooting.com/softy/software.html, at the bottom: isp-2.0

While writing/testing I noticed the following: If (on a LPC812M101FD20, rev 2A) blank checking sector 0 I get 0 (CMD_SUCCESS) if sector 0 is blank in CRP0 mode. Believe me, I'm really fine with that! :bigsmile:
Unfortunately, this is in contradiction to what the manual says (in boldface):
Blank check on sector 0 always fails as first 64 bytes are re-mapped to flash boot block.
When reading data, I indeed get the re-mapped contents. CRC checksum is still missing from my program, but I expect (sadly) to get the CRC of the re-mapped content's checksum, not the FLASH contents.

Also, my overall judgement about the ISP chapter is: it's lacking depth! Writing an ISP programmer is more like getting the basic command from the manual, send it over to a real device and look what comes out of it.
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that information, I got my program running. But the goal should be to write it according to specification, not observation on one specific, sample device.

In that context, I'd like to ask: is it intended, that after a read - after removing the echo (if enabled), I always get a '\n' and only then the binary data? This happens with and without echoing (A 1 / A 0 ).

And, by the way, may I get a Revision '4C' device sample for that feat of mine??  0:)

Outcomes