How can i find out the cause of Wake-up from Deep power-down mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i find out the cause of Wake-up from Deep power-down mode?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HaltPapa on Sat Mar 22 09:20:07 MST 2014
I'm using both wakeup-pin and WKT in Deep power-down mode.
Is it possible to figure out if the last reset was due to a wakeup interrupt or WKT?

I tried to change LPC_PMU->GPREG0 Register in WKT_IRQHandler. But It doesn't work.

Hopefully somebody is able to help me.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Tue Mar 25 10:05:09 MST 2014

Quote: HaltPapa

You are always Mr. Right!

Thanks! You're such a nice person!

Two errors in these statements (based on a very limited period of time of observation):

1. I'm not always Mr. Right. In fact I'm unable to do anything right. But I know (some of) my deficits and try to compensate for them. Meaning: I'm a 'buggy' human with a huge set of patches constantly applied  :bigsmile:
The same thing applies to answers here in the forum. I try not to read the question alone, but also the way someone describes a problem and his efforts. Sometimes that gives a better guess of the real problem. It's a funny thing, sometimes.
However, the danger is: it's only a small step to prejudice, but that's not a big problem for me because:

2. I'm not a nice person and 90% of my opinions are totally incompatible with 'common' opinions :p
For example, I like this cite of (??): 'The bad thing about prejudices is that most of them are true.'
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HaltPapa on Tue Mar 25 06:38:09 MST 2014
hi MarcVonWindscooting,

You are always Mr. Right!
ALARMFLAG is operating properly.
LPC_WKT->COUNT is also can be used.

Thanks! You're such a nice person!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Sun Mar 23 08:07:11 MST 2014
WKT->CTRL bit 'ALARMFLAG' doesn't do the job?

Then what about reading out the WKT counter. That's not a 100% solution, but at least a strong suspicion on the wakeup cause.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HaltPapa on Sat Mar 22 20:48:21 MST 2014
Thank you for your reply.

I think it's useful for distinguishing coming from deep power down mode or not.
But it can't draw a sharp distinction between due to a wakeup interrupt and due to a WKT.

I also checked the thread below, but it’s not helpful.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/handle-reset-after-wakeup-deep-power-down
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by arpel on Sat Mar 22 10:13:57 MST 2014
My recent experience shows that the WKT_IRQHandler seems to not be called in case of deep power down.

To know if you're coming from deep power down you have to check the PMU_PCON_DPDFLAG flag in LPC_PMU->PCON.
0 Kudos