cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Link 2 is not working

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Marqueses on Fri Nov 01 08:37:11 MST 2013
Hello,

I have try to use my LPC Link 2 in CMSIS-DAP configuration to program LPC-800 board and LPC-812 board.

I haven't success to program any of them with LPC Link 2, but yes with internal CMSIS-DAP onboard in LPC-812 board.

The result is this:
Ni: LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v6.0 (Sep 17 2013 18:02:04 - crt_emu_cm_redlink.exe build 244)
Pc: (  0) Reading remote configuration
Nc: Looked for chip XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_6.1.0_164/lpcxpresso/bin/LPC812.xml

Nc: Looked for vendor directory XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_6.1.0_164/lpcxpresso/bin/NXP_directory.xml

Nc: Found generic directory XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_6.1.0_164/lpcxpresso/bin/crt_directory.xml

Pc: (  5) Remote configuration complete
Ed:02: Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
Et: Emu(0): Conn&Reset. Was: None. DpID: 00000000. CpuID: 00000000. Info: (null)
Error 0: (null)
Last sticky: 0. AIndex: 0
No MemAp selected
Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed

Could anyone tell if have used LPC Link 2 and if it works? Is this programmer only able to program nxp µC?

Regards.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Nov 01 13:02:18 MST 2013
With your LPC800-MAX unpowered, press and hold down the Reset button.

Now power the LPC800-MAX board up, whilst still holding the Reset button down.

Now release the Reset button.

You should now be able to successfully start a debug session from LPCXpresso and connect to the LPC800-MAX board via your LPC-Link2.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Marqueses on Fri Nov 01 10:38:10 MST 2013
Hi,

I don't understand you very well what do you want me to do with Reset button in target board. Anyway, I have tried to download the release code with and without pressing it and it still fail.

I have some pics maybe it could help you to give me a clue.

Some others points...I have v1.10 of CMSIS-DAP too. With the CMSIS-DAP from LPCMAX-800 is working perfect. LPCMAX-800 is supplied by LPC Link 2 (also tested separated by two usb cables from PC).

I don't what more information could be useful.

Regards.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Nov 01 09:29:55 MST 2013
I've just used LPC-Link2 programmed with the latest CMSIS-DAP firmware (v1.11) to debug an LPC800-MAX board from LPCXpresso v6.

The one gotcha if you are using an LPC800-MAX, which I suspect you might be hitting, is that in order to debug this board with an external debug probe, you need to power up the board with SW1 (Reset) depressed - in order to prevent the onboard debug probe taking control of the LPC812.

If this doesn't get you going, please post more details of the boards that you are trying to connect to.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos