lpcxpresso/lpc812 -- new project issues (no board.h, error with SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcxpresso/lpc812 -- new project issues (no board.h, error with SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by snowball on Thu Jan 23 19:55:34 MST 2014
Got the latest lpcxpresso set up, tried some of the examples with the lpc8xx eval board, no problems.

Went to create a new project and firstly, I find that the user guide is out of date, lpcxpresso also offers LPCOpen options.  If you pick them it wants to link against projects for the "chip" and "board" -- no documentation as to what this actually means.

I created a non-LPCOpen project, added driver_lib and tried to built it *without* any modifications, it fails because there's no board.h.  Not good, it should be possible to build an "null" project like this.

I removed the references to NO_BOARD_LIB and "board.h" and got it to compile.

Next, I used the "LPC Initializer and pinmux" app to generate a SwitchMatrix_Init() function for my particular pinmux config on an lpc812.  Cut & paste the code in and it fails because SYSCTL_CLOCK_SWM is undefined.

What steps do I need to take to create to get just an empty, compilable project going for the lpc8xx with lpcxpresso?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by snowball on Fri Jan 24 05:45:54 MST 2014
Updating to 6.1.4 solved it.  Running the New Project wizard against the new LPCOpen chip & board libraries created a project that built.  After I added the SwitchMatrix_Init() from the LPCinitializer, it also compiled!

Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Jan 24 05:02:30 MST 2014
I'm sorry you are having problems here - the LPCXpresso documentation has got slightly out of sync with the IDE itself as we have started to roll out enhanced support for LPCOpen (v2). This is something we are working on currently for release in the near future. LPCOpen is now the preferred software platform for most NXP Cortex-M based MCUs, replacing the old CMSIS / Peripheral Driver Library / Code bundle software packages.

But in the meantime…

The LPCOpen wizards are intended for use in conjunction with the LPCOpen (v2) software driver and example bundles that are available from:

http://www.lpcware.com/lpcopen

and the LPC800 ones, directly from:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc8xx-packages

[The Quickstart Panel Import Projects option was actually updated in LPCXpresso 6.1.4 so as to provide links to LPCOpen downloads and informaton.]

Generally if you wish to develop with LPCXpresso using LPCOpen, you should first of all import the appropriate LPCOpen bundle into your workspace. You do not need to import all of the examples, but you definitely need the LPCOpen chip (e.g. lpc_chip_8xx_lib) and board (e.g. nxp_lpcxpresso_812_board_lib) library projects.

At this point, I suggest that you read the LPCOpen v2 Quickstart document, which can be found at:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-v200-quicks...

Anyway, once you have the board and library projects imported into your workspace, you can then make use of the wizards - selecting the appropriate chip/board library projects that you want to link with. You have to select a chip library, and generally should select a board library too.

I hope that the above information provides sufficient for you to get started with LPCOpen.

Note that if you wish to use the old LPC800 code bundle rather than LPCOpen, then you should be able to follow the instructions given in the current LPCxpresso User Guide - provided within the built in help system, as well as in PDF form in the LPCxpresso install directory.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos