cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWDT during debug

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by remcopoelstra on Wed Mar 25 01:30:05 MST 2015
Hi,

Is it possible to stop the WWDT during debug? The manual mentions a 'Debug mode' in the features, but there is no documentation of this mode. It would be a bit problematic to debug code if the part is reset by the WWDT. It would also be risky to disable the WWDT in code in case the release build still contains this disable code.

Regards,

Remco Poelstra
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by remcopoelstra on Thu Mar 26 08:08:36 MST 2015
Hi,

Thanks for your email. I'm using LPCXpresso, but the user application does not enable the WWDT, the secondary bootloader does, so while debugging the user app, the WWDT is already enabled.
I was thinking that I might be able to use a reserved vector table address to store whether the user code is in debug or release mode and have the secondary bootloader decide whether it should or should not enable the WWDT.
Would such a thing be possible?

Regards,

Remco Poelstra
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Mar 25 07:51:54 MST 2015
Hi remcopoelstra,

I don't believe you can stop the WWDT while in a debug session. The 'debug mode' might be in reference to setting the WWDT to trigger an interrupt instead of a reset once it underflows.

What IDE are you using? Most IDEs have separate build configurations for a given project, one for debugging and another for release candidates. This might help you make edits to your applications when debugging so you don't modify release code.
0 Kudos