cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC800 - flash read speed

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rickta59 on Thu Jul 25 06:38:12 MST 2013
In a project on github related to the lpc810, I came across a checkin comment that seems to indicate that the flash on the lpc810 is fast enough to run with zero wait states with a 30MHz clock.  The datasheet provides erase and write timings but the read timings are missing.  Can someone from NXP verify this statement from the comment is true?

"The NXP Tech support confirmed that the access time of the internal LPC810 flash is 24ns and therefore zero waitstate access is also possible at 30 MHz"

* from https://github.com/microbuilder/LPC810_CodeBase/pull/5

-rick
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rickta59 on Fri Jul 26 14:16:48 MST 2013
I emailed NXP tech support and they confirmed that this is in fact true:

Date: July 26, 2013 3:38:29 PM EDT

*** Answer 
The LPC81x family of microcontrollers can run at their highest rated clock speed (30 MHz) with zero flash wait states.

Best Regards, 
The NXP Technical Support Team 
NXP Semiconductors
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rickta59 on Fri Jul 26 14:12:11 MST 2013
I emailed NXP tech support and got a positive confirmation that this information is true:

Date: July 26, 2013 3:38:29 PM EDT
*** Answer 
The LPC81x family of microcontrollers can run at their highest rated clock speed (30 MHz) with zero flash wait states.

Best Regards, 
The NXP Technical Support Team 
NXP Semiconductors
0 Kudos