why is there several versions of LPCOPEN for the same mcu ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is there several versions of LPCOPEN for the same mcu ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ffred on Mon Jun 02 00:45:32 MST 2014
Hello,
just beginning with LPC812 and trying to understand the best way to devepol for it..

why is there several versions of LPCOPEN for the same mcu ? (lpc812max & nxp_lpcxpresso_812).
I looked at it rapidly, but it seems to me that the differences are essentially in the xxx_board_lib files.
why not a single version with several xxx_board_lib directories and all the other files the same, just renaming the directories something like LPC8xx_..., instead of board-name_...
and why no board file for the LPC800-mini-kit ?
thanks.
Fred

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ffred on Wed Jun 04 23:04:38 MST 2014

Ok, thanks..
but for me it's not a problem to have examples for another board that the one I could use. there are not much examples, so they're all welcome.
and since there's only 2 boards actually defined in LPCOPEN, I'm still thinking that it could be better to have it all in one version and it should be easier to maintain, but ok, your way..

by the way, thanks for your work. I didn't use NXP MCU since a moment, but I can see that NXP is now doing much to help on it with LPCXPRESSO, LPCOPEN and official support in forum. thanks.
Fred
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jun 04 01:37:50 MST 2014
Although most of the board specific parts of LPCOpen are contained in the board library code, there is some board specific setup in some of the example code as well. Thus a separate LPCOpen bundle is provided for each of the boards that we provide ports for.

For more information I would suggest reading…

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-v200-quicks...

and the LPCOpen FAQs at:

http://www.lpcware.com/faq_filter/lpcopen

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos