lpcware

LPCXpresso 7.5.0_254 not connecting via CMSIS-DAP to Embedded Artists LPC824 (OM13071) [solved]

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by waynemcl on Tue Jan 20 15:19:36 MST 2015
Hi all,
I can't connect to / debug an EA LPCXpresso824-MAX board.
  -I have updated the firmware on it to 20150116_lpc11u35_lpc824_if.bin [edit: this is beta, and may cause problems. Check versions.]
  -I have installed the mbed driver mbedWinSerial_16466.exe from the page at  http://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration

I can save mbed programs to the mass storage device, and they work. I can also access the target board virtual (USB) serial ok (changed SJ9 from the default to the other position).

However, when I load example projects in LPCXpresso and start a debug session, the program compiles ok, and then IDE finds the debugger, (though the device name looks odd: )
Quote:
\\?\hid#vid_0d28&pid_0204&mi_03#8&971780d&0&0000#{  some_UUID  }

Then, I get this error:

Quote:
Error in final launch sequence
  Error: Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe):

RedlinkAPI: Hardware interface transfer error
CMSIS-DAP has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart LPCXpresso.

Error: Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe):
RedlinkAPI: Hardware interface transfer error
CMSIS-DAP has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart LPCXpresso.

I have of course restarted both the device and the IDE multiple times, in different orders.

Any thoughts? Is there a connection debugging process for CMSIS-DAP?

Thanks in advance
Wayne

Outcomes