cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP commands Copy to Flash

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldisGold on Fri Oct 02 11:42:27 MST 2015
Hi,

Board: LPC54102 Sensor processing
IDE: LPC Xpresso v 7.7.2

I am working on building a secondary bootloader and using IAP commands to copy a binary(application firmware) to the flash. However the Copy RAM to Flash doesn't work for me. I am using the  function Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash from iap.c passing arguments as follows

Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash(START_WRITE_ADDR, src_iap_array_data01, IAP_NUM_BYTES_TO_WRITE);

Start_write_address is 0x00018000

src_iap_array_data01 is the array containing the data from the binary(application firmware)

IAP_NUM_BYTES_TO_WRITE is 4096

I have prepared the sector for erase/write prior to calling the Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash.

Regards,
OldidGold
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldisGold on Wed Nov 25 16:30:23 MST 2015
Hi xianghuiwang   Thanks for your help  :)   I got the sbl working somehow.
0 Kudos

juanabelaira
Contributor III

Good. In the same way you come here for help, if you share your findings and solutions you can help other people, that's the point of a forum.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Fri Nov 20 15:59:49 MST 2015
Hi,
There is sample project periph_flashiap in the LPCOpen package. You can bring up the sample project and then compare the execution with your project to tell what's missing.

https://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc5410x-packages

For the source code of the boot loader, it may take a bit time to prepare for you.
regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldisGold on Mon Oct 05 14:34:46 MST 2015
Any Pointers as to why the above code fails ? Any help is very much appreciated.

I tried running my application binary on top of the SBL hex provided by NXP (AN11610.zip) and it works fine. Can anybody give me the source code for that

Regards,
OldisGold.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldisGold on Fri Oct 02 16:56:26 MST 2015
This is the code in main.c

uint32_t *p;
uint8_t ret_code;
#define START_WRITE_ADDR  0x00018000
Board_LED_Set(1, TRUE);
__disable_irq();// Start by disabling interrupts, before changing interrupt vectors
//Chip_Clock_SetMainClockSource(SYSCTL_MAINCLKSRC_IRC); //switch to IRC

//Check Firmware Version
if(*new_firmware_version > *current_firmware_version)
{
//
//******************************Copy Extracted download firmware to location 0x18000*******************************************************//
/* IAP Flash programming */

// Prepare to write/erase the last sector
ret_code = Chip_IAP_PreSectorForReadWrite(3, 3);
if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute PrepareSectorForReadWrite.  \r\n");} // Error checking

//Erase sector for Write
ret_code = Chip_IAP_EraseSector(3,3);
if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute. EraseSector  \r\n");}
// Write to the last sector

// Prepare to write/erase the last sector
if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute PrepareSectorForReadWrite.  \r\n");} // Error checking

ret_code = Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash(START_WRITE_ADDR, src_iap_array_data00, 4096);
if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute array00.  \r\n");}// Error checking
DEBUGSTR("Flash array00\r\n");

START_WRITE_ADDR = START_WRITE_ADDR+0x1000;

if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute.PrepareSectorForReadWrite  \r\n");}  //Error checking

ret_code = Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash(START_WRITE_ADDR, src_iap_array_data01, 4096);
if (ret_code != IAP_CMD_SUCCESS) { DEBUGSTR("Command failed to execute array01.  \r\n");}// Error checking
DEBUGSTR("Flash array01\r\n");

//*current_firmware_version = *new_firmware_version; //Set the Current Firmware Version to the new firmware after copying

/*******************To Check State of Sector 3**************************/

ret_code = Chip_IAP_BlankCheckSector(3,3);
if(ret_code == IAP_SECTOR_NOT_BLANK) {DEBUGSTR("Sector 3 Not Blank");}
/*************************************************************************/

}

DEBUGSTR("To test the SBL Code\n");
/* Set vector table offset*/
SCB->VTOR = user_start_sector_address;

p = (uint32_t *)user_start_sector_address;

Board_LED_Set(1, FALSE);

__enable_irq();//Enable interrupts before jumping to application

/*Set stack pointer to given address*/
__set_MSP(*p);

/*Set address for RESET*/
p++;
user_code_entry = (void (*)(void))(*p);

/*Jump to application*/
user_code_entry();
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldisGold on Fri Oct 02 13:42:26 MST 2015
Both functions

Chip_IAP_PreSectorForReadWrite() and Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash()  returns 0 (IAP_CMD_SUCCESS)

I am also checking Chip_IAP_BlankCheckSector after the above functions and it returns CMD_SUCCESS showing the sector to be empty.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri Oct 02 12:03:00 MST 2015

Quote: OldisGold
I am using the  function Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash...

And what is the function returning  :quest:  :~  :quest:
0 Kudos