Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC5400 processor fails to halt

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mirfan on Fri Nov 14 00:08:07 MST 2014
Hi,

I am using LPC5400 Xpresso V2 board. I started porting an OS kernel on this processor using the on-chip 96KB SRAM for both code and data. Everything worked fine until I shifted from on-chip SRAM to on-chip FLASH for my code. I flashed the code using LPCXpresso v7.4.1_beta1 [Build 234] [2014-09-25] IDE using the CMSIS-DAP interface. The code was flashed successfully by the debugger. However, since then Im unable to reconnect to the target via either the CMSIS_DAP or JLINK SWD interface. With both these interfaces I get the error that the "Processor can't be halted".

The code that I flashed may not have been a working code, but it should not have left me with a processor that I cannot connect to. I tried flashing the target again with FlashMagic, but FlashMagic too fails to connect to the target. It throws the error: "Operation Failed. Failed to autobaud - step 1. See http://www.flashmagictool.com/autobaud.html".

Is there anything I can try to get the processor out of this state? May be some way of re-flashing the target, or erasing the entire flash might help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by alexender on Wed Nov 19 04:11:56 MST 2014
I erased the Flash again using FlashMagic and the target was back to normal.............!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Nov 14 01:27:06 MST 2014
I see you are using an early beta of our LPC5410x support. I would strongly recommend that you install v7.5.0 which fully supports LPC5410x.

I would also suggest that you make sure you are running the latest version of the CMSIS-DAP firmware on the LPCXpresso board, or (preferably) remove the Jumper to allow DFU boot, so that Redlink can be used instead.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mirfan on Fri Nov 14 00:16:40 MST 2014
Ok - I am able to get the target out of the halted state. I erased the Flash again using FlashMagic and the target was back to normal. The problem with previous attempts using FlahMagic was that my target wasn't in ISP during bootup. Switching it to ISP during boot resolved the issue.
0 Kudos