cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB connection in CW 7.0

ad777
Contributor I
Hi there,

I currently have a M52223EVB coldfire board connected to a pc through the usb port.

How would one go about communicating between these two devices?  I have tried running the available demo programs, but the pc is not recognizing the device and cannot find the correct driver for it.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Black
Contributor I

I recommend using the CodeWarrior for ColdFire current version 7.0 build 15 (please go to your CodeWarrior menu, choose Help->About...->Installed Products for checking your CodeWarrior version).

You will need the driver CD that came with the board, or you can download the latest P&E ColdFire USB Multilink driver installation program available at the "downloads" section of P&E’s Support Center located at http://www.pemicro.com/support/downloads_find.cfm.

When the cable is plugged in, the operating system should indicate that it has found a driver for the attached "P&E USB Device". Follow the instructions in the "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog for having windows automatically install the driver.

If you connected the Multilink interface prior to installing the drivers, Windows will not have been able to find the appropriate driver and may have disabled the device. If you unplug and re-plug in the device, Windows will automatically disable it even if you have installed the drivers.

To force Windows to try and load the driver again, perform the following steps while the USB ColdFire Multilink interface is plugged into the computer:

1.) Open the Control Panel (Start Button->Settings->Control Panel)

2.) Double Click the "System" Icon

3.) Select the "Hardware" tab

4.) Click the "Device Manager" Button

5.) The "P&E ColdFire Multilink" device will be shown with an exclamation mark next to it. Double click this device.

6.) Click the "Reinstall Driver…" button and follow the dialog instructions for having Windows automatically install the driver.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
Then I recommend creating a stationery project with CodeWarrior ColdFire Stationery wizard for your evaluation board then add your own code to this project that can be used as a starting point. The stationery project has the minimal setup and code to get your evaluation board up and running.
0 Kudos

ad777
Contributor I
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I have already made the connection between the board and the Multilink. 
What I'm trying to do now is establish a connection to the mini USB connection on the board.  I have connected the mini USB to the usb port on a PC.  What would I need to do in the codewarrior code in order to establish this connection?  Would I need a driver for that?

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
Please check the ColdFire Lite USB Stack by CMX. You can also find some other software and tools available at the MCF52223 product page. You can access this page here. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos

fferraro
Contributor II

if you have changed the source code (string_descriptors, device_descriptor, config_descriptor, .. ) , after you must also change the PRODUCT_ID so  the PC recognises it as a new device

0 Kudos