Moderator approval on every single post?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator approval on every single post?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micro9000 on Sat Jul 27 20:40:03 MST 2013
Hey guys, I've been having a bit of trouble getting my thoughts across. Every time I make an edit or make a post it says it needs moderator approval. I then have to wait at least a day for it to get posted and if I want to correct a spelling error I have to wait another day for it to be fixed. On top of that every time I do make an edit, my post is taken away from the forums and the thread is shifted down as if it never existed.

This is very annoying and it has hindered my ability to properly troubleshoot the problems I am experiencing. Does this approval requirement go away with the amount of posts you have? If this requirement is hear to stay I can see that I am just going to get even more frustrated with these forums. I don't see how a functioning forum can have a days wait in between posts, edits, and replies for users. Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jaromir on Mon Aug 12 23:06:05 MST 2013
I'm waiting for approving my first post for a third day :-( It was show-stopping issue with LPCXpresso. Not a very good start.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcadmin on Mon Jul 29 16:07:00 MST 2013
Hi Micro9000,

Yes - some users are experiencing post delays due to moderator approval. We are working on this and should have a better solution and some performance improvements in place soon that will fix this and other posting problems.

The problem appears to be related to spam and the support and use of richer content than the previous forums and seems to hit specific users more than others.

-The use of a post count as a approval mechanism is a pretty good idea. We'll see what we can get in place short-term.-
0 Kudos