Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC2388 unable to program after power reset

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by louislo on Wed Mar 19 03:49:29 MST 2014
We were testing on programming LPC2388 using a blank program via JTAG ( new project, select lpc2388 to create automated files)
at first try, it was able to detect LPC-link device ARM7TDMI-S and program it by just selecting the target axf file. From the pop up window, it can be seen flash write done.

After removing the jtag connection and removed power supply and reconnect back, when try to program again a window will popup prompting JTAG configuration error , " IR Length required.Entering an incorrect value will prevent the debugger from connecting."
seems like the device cant be found after wards.

To temporary solve the issue, we have to use KEIL to re-program or erase an existing file so re-program of LPC2388 using Expresso. Just that once the power is removed, re-program will prompt the error stated above,

Using other pc will prompt similiar error and solution provided from this link, but it doesnt solve the problem
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPC2xxxDebugConnectionIssues?highlight=%28Ee%5C%2808%5C...

any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by louislo on Sun Mar 30 19:51:21 MST 2014
Okay, so i managed to run it in ISP mode by pulling pin 2.10 to ground, and then able to program it using Xpresso when the issue mention above occurs. Only that it didn't solve the issue since it still encountered error after a power reset.

The board i using is prototype design, not commercially available.

So here is what i do,
1. I used keil's Uvision and opened up the software's sample project for MCB2300 which uses the same chip, project named RTX_blinky and downloaded the flash code into the board. The board blink's it's led which confirm the code is working.

2. I used LPCXpresso and used the new project wizard to create a new blank program for LPC2388, without any additional source code. I mass erased and power reset, no probs there as the board and jtag device can still be detected.

3. I programmed the blank program in, flash done, power reset and error occured.

4. Reset the board to run on isp mode, programmed the axf genereated by keil RTX_blinky sample project, and the board went well even after power reset.

Xpresso i am using is LPCXpresso v7.0.0

i am aware there is slightly newer version, but i had tested it out at diff computer, still the same.

Regards,
Louis

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Mar 25 01:58:14 MST 2014
I have done some testing here with an LPC-Link connecting to an LPC2368 (the nearest part I have available to the LPC2388).

I do sometimes find that the tools fail to identify the ARM7TDMI-S on the JTAG scan chain after powering up the board if there is something already in the flash. But if I power up with the ISP button on the board held down, or else reset the board into ISP mode (by pressing and holding down ISP, pressing reset, releasing reset, then releasing ISP) then I see no problems with JTAG selection or downloading to the board.

Can you clarify exactly what you are doing with the Keil image - for example are you programming it from within Keil or from within LPCXpresso? It might also be useful to see your Keil project, or at least the generated AXF file.

Can you also confirm what board you are using - is it one of your own design, or a commercially available one?

Finally, please confirm the version of LPCXpresso IDE that you are using (and the version of Keil).

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by louislo on Sun Mar 23 23:24:24 MST 2014
I've followed the FAQ and seems nothings changed.

But instead, i tried to flash axf file generated from KIEL, the exact same code only difference is the startup file, seems that everything is working fine, even after power on and off, it still runs well. Only when using axf file generated by LPCXpresso this issue will occur.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Mar 20 01:45:33 MST 2014
Almost, but not quite. See this FAQ:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ymchang on Wed Mar 19 23:17:57 MST 2014
To run into ISP mode, i saw from forum that pin 2.10 should be pulled down ( connected to ground of JTAG ) and reconnect but seems to no avail. Is this the proper way to run into ISP mode?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Mar 19 05:07:50 MST 2014
When you experience this problem, can you please put the device into ISP mode and try again. Please let us know if this helps.
0 Kudos