lpcware

Software reset of NXP LPC2294 ARM7TDMI system from code

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ihatetoregister on Mon Oct 12 02:47:31 MST 2015
Is it possible to perform a software reset of the processor. ? My question closely resembles Is it possible to reset NXP LPC2100 microcontroller from code [ http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/3419/is-it-possible-to-reset-nxp-lpc2100-microcontroller-from-code ]  . However none of the possible answers in the thread work for me.

My requirement is that once my program finishes i want to do a software reset of the system( Since it is not feasible to always walk upto the embedded device and press the RESET button. ) . Ideally would like the reset to be immediate. Here is what i have tried so far :

Approach 1:

// Cause an immediate reset by loading a incorrect value to the WDFEED register   
void stop_feed_watchdog (void) {                  
      //WDFEED = 0xAA;                        
      WDFEED = 0x00; 
    }

// My task that does the processing of some data
__task void my_task(void)
    {
            WDTC  = 0x2000;                        /* Set watchdog time out value     */
            WDMOD = 0x03;                            /* Enable watchdog timer and reset */

while(1)
            {

// Initiate my code
                    processdata();

// Wait for 4 clock ticks.
                    os_dly_wait(4);

// Problem : The system does not get reset 
                   stop_feed_watchdog();

}

Approach 2 :

// Declare a function reset in main
    void (*reset)(void);   
    reset = 0x00000000;

__task void my_task(void)
        {

while(1)
                {

// Initiate the communication infra
                        processdata();

// Wait for 4 clock ticks.
                        os_dly_wait(4);

// Problem : This seems to not cause a RESET but i get a ABORT
                        reset();

}

}
Does anyone know how to do this for NXP LPC2292/4 processors which are AMR7TDMI compliant ?

Outcomes