How to reset ( having reset control) PCIe device connected device over T1040RDB PCIe slot through the processor ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset ( having reset control) PCIe device connected device over T1040RDB PCIe slot through the processor ?

mvgohil
Contributor I

Hello, I am using T1040 RDB evalution module and connected my PCIe card into it. Now In my debugging and driver application I need to reset the PCIe add on card.  According to the schematics of T1040RDB A11  pin of PCIe connector  is connected CPLD IO.

In my PCIe device card, I have connected that PCIe RST line coming from the PCIe connector to the various devices in my PCIe card.

I do not know if there is  anyway to toggle that reset signal through the processor.

Please help me kno this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

There is 8-bit soft reset register RSTCON2 implemented in the CPLD (offset = 11h, CPLD base address = 0xffdf0000). RSTCON2 bit 5 controls that reset signal
PEX_RST
0: No reset occurs.
1: Writing logic 1 produces PCIe x4 slot reset# signal, this bit can auto clear.

This description is from the QorIQ T1040 Reference Design Board User Guide, Rev. 0, 06/2015 available on the NXP site

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos