Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U67 - UART

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mbehlau on Tue Aug 26 01:49:15 MST 2014
Hi,

i'm trying to use the UART on my LPC11U67, but i couldn't get any signal... (I measured with my scope, but get only a flat line at 3,3V)

Since there isn't a evaluation board of the lpc11u67, i mounted the LPC to a SMD TO PIN OUT ADAPTER. Now i'm trying to (re)use the LPCOpen periph_uart_n_rb example LPCOpen-Lib. (I tried  the v2.11 (LPCXpresso LPC11E68) and v2.06 (LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board)). For porting the example to my situation, i changed the MCU to LPC11U67 and added the symbol "NO_BOARD_LIB" to the ProjectSettings. You will find my source attached.

Is there someone, which ported the examples succesfully to a LPC11U67?

Thanks in advance!

Marcel

Original Attachment has been moved to: uart_n_rb.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mbehlau on Wed Sep 03 23:39:46 MST 2014
Okay, I found the error. The "NO_BOARD_LIB" symbol disabled the Board_Init and activates the Chip_Init, but this function didn't activates the IOCON clock, which is necessary  for the Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet command.

/* Enable IOCON clock */
Chip_Clock_EnablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_IOCON);
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Aug 27 09:52:54 MST 2014
Hello,

The main differences between the LPC11U68 and LPC11U67 is the flash memory, and the pin packages, but that should not affect the UART initialization process between the two. Have you made sure the pin you are probing is the pin you are initializing as UART1 TXD (PIO0_14)? Another thing to check is to try to initialize these pins as a GPIO and see if you can manually set and clear them to make sure the MCU can communicate with the pins. It wouldn't hurt to try initializing another UART on a different pair of pins as well. :)
0 Kudos