cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a LCPExpresso LCP1115 Rev A board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Fri Jun 20 09:20:10 MST 2014
Hi,
It's me again... I just got the above board and when plugged into USB the LED blinks but LCPEXpresso cannot find the board. I tried searches, installing LCPEXPresso on a Windows machine and running it there and it's not found.  I read the documentation on the site and the manuals just show it connecting with no special directions.  I got this board because the LCP1114 combo board is end of lifed.

Also the Link-2 board which I have (that works) has the following USB Vendor/Product ID (0x21bd/0x0006), the LCP1115 has vendor/product ID of (0x471/0xdf55).  Also the device is listed as a Composite device  (Phillips Consumer Lifestyle BV). The Link-2 is listed LPCLINK2 Redlink

Do I need to tell Expresso something ? 

--jim schimpf
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Tue Jun 24 05:48:25 MST 2014
Oops looked in the wrong place, installed drivers and it got a DFU device.  Programmed the EVM and it is debugging.
Thank you for all the help. 

--jim schimpf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Tue Jun 24 05:40:23 MST 2014
I think I found the problem on Windows my LPCExpresso is installed as Ultrapico/LPCXpresso and there are no dirvers.  I will install a new one and see if that installs correctly.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jun 23 12:48:45 MST 2014
Lpc-link1 and lpc-link2 are completely different, so just because one works, does not tell you anything about the other.

Your problem looks like a driver install missing. Perhaps the easiest way to add the driver is to right click on the device in device manager and reinstall the driver. You will find the drivers in the Drivers directory of the LPCXpresso install directory.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Mon Jun 23 12:21:43 MST 2014
Hi,
On the Windows 7 machine I connected up the Link 2 and the Rev A board. The Link2 shows up as a LPC device (See Link2.png).  The Rev A board shows up as an Unknown device (Set RevA_Dev.png).  I verified that the product ID (0xdf55) and Vendor ID (0x471) match what I have read from the board.

I do not see any Windows dialog about booting the board.  Also LPCXpresso never sees the board so I don't get any messages there either.

Thank you for the suggestion about multiple configurations, that is what I had and removing them fixed the problem.

--jim schimpf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jun 23 08:50:29 MST 2014

Quote:
I have been reading the manual. Now I tried a trick. On a Windows system with an activated LPCXpresso I first hooked up my working Link-2 board and ran with that. That worked OK. Then With the same project I hooked up the Rev A board. And got the search dialog. (See Search.png) I then pressed the Search for Any button and get (see NtFnd.png). I get the same result by pressing either button.

When you connect LPC-Link (i.e. the LPCxpresso board) what shows up in Device Manager?
- Under Universal Serial Bus controllers, you should see "USB Device with DFU Capabilities". If not, what do you see?
Does it boot (i.e. do you see the Booting... progress dialog)?

Quote:
When I launch the FreeRTOS project I get this where I cannot select either single and when both are selected I just does not light up the OK button (FreeRTOS.png).

This is because you have 2 launch configurations in the project. Choose one, or delete one in the Debug Configurations dialog.

Quote:
Am I missing a driver for Windows ? Notes say these are HID devices those don't need drivers.

If you used the Windows installer, then all necessary device drivers are installed.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Mon Jun 23 07:52:06 MST 2014
Thank you,

I have been reading the manual. Now I tried a trick.  On a Windows system with an activated LPCXpresso I first hooked up my working Link-2 board and ran with that.  That worked OK.  Then With the same project I hooked up the Rev A board.  And got the search dialog.  (See Search.png) I then pressed the Search for Any button and get (see NtFnd.png).  I get the same result by pressing either button.

I have also created a whole new Workspace, starting fresh with the LPC11C24 library and selecting the LPC1115 part in the list.  This when started with the board just get the NtFnd.png) window with no additional search buttons.

When I hook this up on a Mac (OS X 10.9.3) it does find the board on either an internal USB-3 port of an hub based USB-2 port (see MacConnect.png).  This is after pressing the search for additional pods button. And it does work and debug for the blinky program.

When I launch the FreeRTOS project I get this where I cannot select either single and when both are selected I just does not light up the OK button (FreeRTOS.png).

I hope this helps you understand my problem, Am I missing a driver for Windows ? Notes say these are HID devices those don't need drivers.  Thank you again for the help.

-- jim schimpf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Jun 21 03:02:00 MST 2014
The LPC-Link built into the LPCxpresso1115 board is a different probe technology to the LPC-Link2, and does not use the "redlink" protocol.

The first time you debug a project, the debug probe used is stored, and the next time you debug, the tools will try to debug using the same type of debug connection. In your case, it looks like this is no longer a correct assumption. The dialog you have posted in your screenshot is giving you the option to look for other probes on your system. Use this option!!!!!

I strongly suggest that you take the time to look through the LPCXpresso User Guide supplied within the product - this explains the above in more detail in chapter 4 "Importing and debugging example projects". You can open the user guide in various ways, for example using Help -> LPCXpresso User Guide.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Fri Jun 20 20:12:53 MST 2014
Hi,
  I did, the board is recognized by the USB system on both the internal USB-3 port on the Mac and on a USB-2 hub. The problem is that the board shows up as something the LCPExpresso doesn't understand.  (It also shows up this way on Windows).  I would guess that flashing the code on the board could change the Vendor/Product ID's and the device string so that it would be recognized.

Thanks

--jim schimpf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Fri Jun 20 12:37:32 MST 2014
Is this Mac? If so, try different USB ports. If you search this forum, you will find some posts about USB ports on a mac.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Fri Jun 20 12:27:12 MST 2014
Hi
Enclosed is an image of the dialog I get where the board is NOT found. (NoPod.png).

Do I need  software like this http://www.lpcware.com/lpclink2-config-tool to change the board ?  Also can it find the board since it's vendor/product ID's are so different ? What software download do I need in for this board using it with LPCExpresso ?

Finally what LPC Open library do I need for this LPC1115 chip ?  I found I needed the LPC1124 Open library for the LPC1114FN DIP I was using, can you suggest what I need for the 1115 chip ?

Thank you again for your quick responses.

--jim schimpf

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Fri Jun 20 10:09:47 MST 2014
Hi,

Did you try flashing a code from LPCOpen or Erasing the chip ?
Can you please tell what error does the LPCXpresso IDE show ?

Thanks,
NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos