lpcware

LPCXpresso/LPC114FN28/102 questions

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jschimpf255 on Wed Jun 18 10:01:20 MST 2014
Hi,
  I have gotten LCPXpresso + Link-2 pod + DIP28 package LPC1114.  I have it hooked up the pod up to a breadboarded LPC1114 DIP chip.  The pod + processor work that is I can load/debug and run code. 

The problem,  I have some of my code and some of the LPCXExpresso's samples built and run this way but they never make it to main()  the code hangs in board_sysinit.c in the line:

/* Wait for PLL to lock */
while (!Chip_Clock_IsSystemPLLLocked()) {}

where Chip_Clock_IsSystemPLLLocked() is:

STATIC INLINE bool Chip_Clock_IsSystemPLLLocked(void)
{
return (bool) ((LPC_SYSCTL->SYSPLLSTAT & 1) != 0);
}

The structure is all 0's

I have configured the project for the MCU of LPC11xx -> LPC1114/201 since there wasn't 101 in the list.  Is there some other configuration needed ?  I checked in board_sysinit.c and it is set for the internal oscillator as the clock source.

Also the Link-2 pod would not connect to the processor till I put a Jumper on J2.  It said it wasn't getting an ACK and after the Jumper it all works fine.  I have GND, SWDIO,SWCLK and nRESET hooked from the Link-2 to the processor on a breadboard.  (For the record I never see nRESET toggled is this correct ?)

This is all running on Mac Book Pro OSX 10.9.3 and I am delighted that you support the Mac so well.

--jim schimpf

Outcomes