Need help with LPC11xx in own application!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with LPC11xx in own application!

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Martin84 on Mon May 19 13:59:24 MST 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to use the LPC1113/301 and LPC1114/301 in my own application. The LPC1113 is soldered on an own application board. Because I have a problem with programming the LPC1113 I have also tried to integrate the LPCXpresso Board with the LPC1114 in my own application. In both cases I can't program the LPC with "Debug" command.

If I directly use the "Program flash" command everything works fine. In another thread I read that other users had success with disabling Interrupts. Where can I do this?

After completion of programming the .axf to flash, I get the message "Executing in bootloader".

Now when I'm trying the same with the LPC1769 Xpresso Board I can use the "Debug" command without any problems. And when I'm using the "Program flash" command, I get the message "executing in user flash".

What do I have to configure for the LPC111x µCs and where can I do this? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Martin84 on Tue May 20 15:07:24 MST 2014
Hey :-)

now everything is working fine!! I can use the "Debug" command and everything is alright :-) I just avoid using P0.1 and there should be no problem :-)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the help!!! :-)

This works also for the LPC1113 on my own PCB :-)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Tue May 20 12:22:36 MST 2014
If you insist on bipolar junction transistors, you should use emitter-follower configurations for high(er) input impedance. Probably without a base resistor to avoid excessive voltage drop.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Tue May 20 03:39:03 MST 2014
Since VBE of BC847 is 0.7V this 100k resistor is not the worst problem...

Anyway, to avoid problems it's a good idea to use active low switching with P-Channel FET (BSS84) ...

See: http://amateurfunkbasteln.de/mosfets_und_co/index.html

So default GPIO setup (input & pull-up) doesn't cause unintended behavior...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Martin84 on Tue May 20 02:35:27 MST 2014

Quote:
I am using LPC1769. I configured pin P2.10 as GPIO, but when board is connected to the application, code is running strangely and debugging is not possible. When I disconnected pin P2.10 only, everything works fine. I tried repeat connection/disconnection of P2.10 and still with same result (connected=NOK, disconnected=OK). Do you know what can be the reason of such behavior? Pin P2.10 is physically connected to base of the bipolar NPN transistor.
Thank you.

That's exactly the same Problem.

In the attachment there is the problem shown...

I will try it when I'm home. I think I will avoid using the P0.1.

Thank you very much for the great answer :-) I will report the results of this solution!

Regards, Martin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Tue May 20 01:36:51 MST 2014

Quote: Martin84
Is there anybody who has had the same problem?

Yes, that's an usual error  :)

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/p210-as-gpio-not-working

If it's possible, just avoid to use ISP pins (at least as output).

A P-Channel FET like BSS84P (LOW active) is a better solution than a pnp BJT...

But anyway, a strong pull-up will solve your ISP problem...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Tue May 20 00:56:15 MST 2014

Quote: Martin84
I use the GPIOs for switching BC847 transistors.

Probably the transistor is pulling the pin low?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Martin84 on Tue May 20 00:37:27 MST 2014
Hi,

thanks for your reply R2D2. I use the GPIOs for switching BC847 transistors. As I tried my hardware with a simple program code I used the P0.1 Pin. Now I read that P0.1 is the ISP-Pin for the LPC11xx. Could it be the problem that I switched the ISP-Pin and set the LPC in reset while programming in SWD Mode?

That could be an explanation for the problem on both Controllers (the LPC1113 on own PCB and the LPCXpresso LPC1114). So I will try to regain the debug access with your link :-)

Is there anybody who has had the same problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Martin
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Mon May 19 14:30:59 MST 2014
:quest:

Without knowing your hardware and without knowing your project, there's not much help to offer...

Usually LPC11xx are working without problems   :)   if you don't violate basic rules:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access

Anyway, after booting into ISP flashing and debugging a simple sample program should always be possible.

If that's not possible it's useful to check your hardware...
0 Kudos