Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1114 clock configuration

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by corwinb on Fri Feb 08 16:49:11 MST 2013
I have worked with several other arm chips, however, this is my first dance with NXP.  I am working with the LPCXpresso LPC114 eval board and its examples.  I would like to reconfigure the clocks and observe the results a bit.  I have been studying the datasheet, user manual and the examples assuming I would have to cfg the regs manually when I came across the following line in the system_PPC11xx.h file:
//-------- <<< Use Configuration Wizard in Context Menu >>> ------------------

What does this mean?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by maxa on Mon Nov 18 18:53:42 MST 2013
Andrey,

This line of code looks familiar, I think it is from LPC11xx SystemInit().
It waits until the PLL is locked onto the pll input signal. The code is correct -- it loops until the LSB of SYSPLLSTAT is set.

If your code gets stuck in this loop it's probably because the clock initialization code is set to use the system clock (external) and there is no external clock source on the xtalin pin.
Try changing the #define SYSPLLCLKSEL_Val to 0 so the PLL uses the internal oscillator as source.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by AndreyP on Tue Feb 12 02:24:07 MST 2013
Hello!
I think my question is suitable for this theme.

I download some code examples from nxp site (such as AN11121\CMSISv2p00_LPC11Uxx\src).
SystemInit function has such code
  while (!(LPC_SYSCON->SYSPLLSTAT & 0x01));      /* Wait Until PLL Locked    */

But! PLL locked while bitvalue equal 1 and unlocked when bitvalue equal 0 (form user manual register description).

This is software bug?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by corwinb on Mon Feb 11 12:54:10 MST 2013
Thank you.

I also discovered the template_readme.txt in the examples...

I was trying to get my brain around the recommended chip configuration method. 
For example:
cypress arms (psoc5) - cpu and periferals are specified in creator as a schematic.
silabs arms - cpu and periferals are configured with appBuilder.
etc., etc.

Doesn't look like the LPC11xx has such a tool.  That is fine with me, as the cfg tools I have used have a learning curve and can be buggy.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Paul on Mon Feb 11 12:14:05 MST 2013
Bernie
You may want to take a look at the LPC11xx Main PLL calculator which can be downloaded from:
http://www.lpcware.com/gfiles/devper/lpc11xx
This will help you configure the PLL.  If you need help configuring any of the other System Configuration registers, let us know.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by corwinb on Sat Feb 09 12:43:23 MST 2013
Looks like this is from the keil tools.
If this is true, is there a recommended standard to configure the clocks for the LPC1114 in LPCXpreso?
0 Kudos